Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw jeffDBFI's gallery photos. The door sill photo shows filled color accents. While his under hood photo shows a color SSR logo.

I had noticed the empty grooves on my sill and thought they should have been filled with color.

Is that an 03 only thing, or added by the owner? Jeff are you lurking around?

M

·
0 Posts
Thats a very nice touch too. Too bad I have black and can't do the color fill on mine. I like the SSR logo though.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Door sills are plastic. Acrylic is a polymer based plastic, water based. I see no reason why it would not bond to the door sills. I have used uni posche paint pens on surfboards and a variety of surfaces but usually resurface with some type of eurothane or resin based material. I don't think that would be necessary on the SSR door sills. Simple green ought to clean up nicely and then apply the pen colors/color. If you have the pens, a reapply later should not be that big a deal. I personally think the red would look hot on the black. Have been considering that myself. They actually make some pretty awesome paints for plastics that look and feel like acrylic enamel that is oil based but it is water based. I have had great success with "model master Acryl" and have been considering using it on the engine insert for some cool skull type graphic to go with my skull and bones theme. They make some insane metallics that look just like regular candy colors. Check your local hobby store for them.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On a black car, I'd say that the yellow or maybe some gold would still look good.

My car is red. I don't think I'd put red bars with the R already filled in red. White, silver and red would look good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts