Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the idea I have. I am contacting Mecum Auctions the owners of the HUGE Bloomington Gold Corvette show here in Illinois. Im going to suggest to them to include a "Special" SSR corral at the next show this coming June. The way I see it SSr now has Corvette's heart and shares many components and being it will be the last year for the SSR, our being there could only bring in more venders and enhance the show. What do you think and please say if you would attend such a venue. I will use the response here to sell the idea to Mecum. Fire Away! :ssr

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,594 Posts
Is the Bloomington show a good draw anymore?

IllinoisSSR said:
Here is the idea I have. I am contacting Mecum Auctions the owners of the HUGE Bloomington Gold Corvette show here in Illinois.

... I will use the response here to sell the idea to Mecum. Fire Away! :ssr
It sounds like a great idea... but I have to report that I use to attend the Bloomington Gold back in it's hay day (the late 80's and 90's) However it had changed a lot and for quite awhile it wasn't close to being the HUGE successful show it used to be. So we just stopped going there with my friends.

We now attend Corvette's of Carlisle, in PA in August which has become the BIGGEST Corvette show around. I can remember we used to park on the fairgrounds 80+ acres years ago now you can't get even near the grounds to even park. :boxing

Corvettes @ Carlisle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts