Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts
There is a very good chance that there will be a special plant news letter for the workers in L.C.C. about the home coming. Please put your comments that you will allow to be quoted in this paper. Remember you are talking to the employees who build the SSR, and hosted us this last weekend. Try and not post anything else on this thread … thanks.

Attachments

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

Vin. 2393 came home from Canada, and had a great time. You all made us feel welcome. The tour was great, and the factory was clean. As a Millwright in a food factory, I know what factory work is like. I thank you all, for being open caring people, not robotic.
Sometimes when a tour comes through our plant, I feel like an animal in a Zoo.
I want you all to know, there are no problems on 2393 that came from off the floor. She is a solid, clean build. I think this event helped my wife understand why, I had to have this Roadster.
Wish you all well, stay safe for your retirement. :flag Ed Ryall UFCW 459 / REBEL WWW.REBEL-AIR.NET

Attachments

·
Yes, I have an ATTITUDE !
1,678 Posts
Thank You L.C.C.

When I pulled up in my 2004 Smokin Asphalt , Vin # 9445 , I was overcome by the L.C.C. staff and employees clapping and thanking me for coming ! That alone made my trip worth it ! Going through the plant , the workers took time to make sure we felt welcomed , Smiled and waved. It made the experience feel not robotic , but very personel. 18 years of being in the union " IBEW local 777.5 " I felt honored to come through your workshop. Again L.C.C. Thank you
Chris Bellis :flag

B

·
0 Posts
Viv#19309 Feels the same way Friday at Lansing was the reason for the trip.
They made us feel very welcome. It was not what I really expected. It did give you that little lump in the throat feeling. I will go again if they will have me there.
Hooray for the people at the Craft Centre in Lansing.
Kinda made you wish you had something to give them....... I guess we did when we bought our :ssr s. some of us two of them.
My hat off,

BobA :thumbs :flag :seeya

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
THANK YOU
From #3521 It is hard to put into words the sight of all you craftpersons clapping and cheering on our arrival. What a day for all of us who really enjoy a very special vehicle. Keep up the great work and we shall all meet again.

Ratical 2 Doug & Margo :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
From 0856, Smokin Asphalt...Unfortunately I was unable to attend but the Fanatics and plant employees made all of us at ssrfanatic.com feel like we were there. Thank you for sharing so much about our beauties and giving us glimpses of what may come in the future as well. I have never enjoyed any automobile as much as this one and I have had quite a few. Ever since Nov. 2003 when I picked up "Black Betty" it has been one thrill ride after another. Thank you for making my automotive fantasy of owning a turnkey factory hot rod come true. I doubt it could ever have been more perfectly done in regards to fit and finish. Your pride in your work certainly shows in the superb craftsmanship of these works of art.

http//www.edobermeyer.com

:thumbs :flag

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thank You LCC

Thank you for inviting us into your work place and the birthplace of our babies. It was so nice to meet the people responsible for the beautiful works of art that we all display so proudly when we drive. We all felt welcome, like we belonged there. Everyone that we talked to was extremely pleasant to talk to and very friendly. Everything was AWESOME and we can not wait to come again next time.
Thank you for all your hard work and dedication that puts a smile on our faces every day.

#18441 Slingshot Yellow 2005
Bernie & Elizabeth
Palm Coast, Florida

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thanks for visit

SSR fanatics couldn't have asked for better visit than the one we received at Lansing Craft Centre. It's great to see where the SSR's come from and something I'm sure that every SSR owner wishes they could see. We were one of the lucky ones to have made the trip. As we toured throughout the plant you could see the professional pride in the work that was being done. Each SSR was assembled by skilled craftsman, not just machines, which made you feel that your own SSR is special and not just another ordinary factory made vehicle.

Your technical staff listened to our questions and they were able to give good advice or solutions. We were able to give them real feedback on the SSR and sometimes we provided them something new that they didn't know about before to investigate. They said they were going to bring it to the attention of the plant and we couldn't have asked for more. You felt a genuine concern because we were talking to the people who really cared about how the SSR worked for the owners.

My SSR, 13001, made our 1490 mile round trip visit to Lansing and home without any problems, as expected.

Keep doing the right way and I hope we can do it again.

Thanks
Carl & Debbi Savillo

·
Registered
85 Posts
A Big Thank You

The part I will always remember about the Homecoming, was the interest each of you had in my SSR and the care you gave it. You looked her over and were concerned that the work you did on it was still top notch. I am so proud to know such a caring group of people were there to build my favorite ride ever. PLEASE invite us back!
Thanks,
Vin 6719
Connie and Jim

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
L.C.C. Homecoming

I was not able to have my SSR with me this time but wait until the next time. I have not had a better time , everyone was so friendly .IT was AWESOME !!!
Kay Williams
Furykay

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Greetings and thanks to LCC gang!

What a beautiful day. :thumbs This comes from myself and #16833, my special Blur! I joined into the parade from the rest area on I-96. What an impressive site watching the many SSR's approach. Again I was most impressed as I pulled into the LCC entrance to be greeted by a happy bunch of employees. Special thanks to the fellow who yelled out "Go Blue" as mine was the Michigan special. I had a lot of nerve coming over to Lansing where 'that other college' is located. Again meeting all my 'R' fanatic friends, plant employees, the tour, just everything. I visited with plant people who seemed to lend an ear to my comments and questions. :nopity It was almost like old home week to me as I put in most of my 30 GM years at the V-8 engine plant in Flint. Same plant odors, sounds, assembly lines, robots, and smiling waving people. Those were good years but now I'm a member of "the ole geezers" club and bought a SSR. I hope some day to be offered a copy of the CD and photo's taken of the parade, entrance, etc. I didn't make it to Woodward Dream Cruise but this was just as enjoyable.

Sincerely, David Scheidemantel (Scheide), Flushing, Mi.

In closing, GO BLUE! :seeya

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
Homecoming 2005 was a very special experience.

I learned so much more about the SSR and the way it is built while at Lansing, and got LOTS more info for my book "The SSR Experience"!

But, most important of all, I think we all "connected" as people rather than as statistics, and that was GREAT. I think the SSR owners perhaps realized that we are this plant's people's livelihood, not just "GM customers". And hopefully the plant people came to see us as individual owners, not just "customers".

I know I enjoyed talking with as many employees as I could during the tour, and felt especially grateful for the custom tour I got from Kim and Greg, and the in-plant photos that I was allowed to take for the book. I also had great conversations with Rob Ezze and Karl Sieloff about a number of important technical questions! And Bob Walczyk was so gracious to all of us.

The most touching moment for me personally was when the Lansing employees applauded as each individual SSR arrived in the parking area. That made all of us owners feel really appreciated, and I'll remember those indiviudal Lansing employee faces.

Thanks a lot to both the GM Lansing folks and the SSR owners, for making Homecoming 2005 such a great event for all of us!

Jim G

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
Homecoming

We were real excited when we heard that you were having a Homecoming for us and
giving us the opportunity to be VIP’s. It was great to be able to tour your facility and see
were it all began. We could see that the employees take a lot of pride in building the
SSR’s. All of the workers were friendly and it was great to be able to talk to them
individually. We commend GM for allowing their employees to participate in the event.
Everyone made us feel like one big family. We thank you all for your hard work and
dedication in building such a classy vehicle. It was a great experience that we will
always remember. We hope this will be an annual event. As you can see, we all love our
SSR’s and we will always be there to support you.

Jeff and Terri Hanover
Ormond Beach, Florida
VIN #2190
2003 Slingshot Yellow

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Heartbeat of America

I have to tell you in my life I have had some great life experiences. The time I spent at the Lansing Craft Center is on the Top Ten list! From the welcoming committee to the warm conversations with the employees and department heads. For the quick and impeccable service on the retractable top of my SSR, and for all of the information that was given to me in regards to some concerns of problems I have had. I thank all of you so very much!

Living in Michigan, I attend the Auto Show yearly. I remember stopping dead in my tracks when I saw the concept SSR. I told my husband then “If they produce that SSR, I’m going to own one”. I could not get this truck out of my mind and I constantly talked about it. I’m not a huge car fan, but I am a true believer of GM vehicles as I have driven many GM trucks over the years. I have been waiting for the style, looks and flare of the SSR. I thank the designers and GM for giving this truck to the public. Can't wait to see what's on the drawing board for the up and coming years!

My heartbeat hasn’t stop pounding from all of the excitement this past weekend! You guys are truly the Heartbeat of America! The SSR Homecoming has given me the chance to acquire some new friends and thoughtful people from the employees to the SSR Fanatics who had traveled in for this special occasion. I don’t think that Thank You is enough for all you have done for us SSR enthusiast's! From the bottom of my heart thank you for all the memories, excitement and generosity that you had given us! Memories are built by great vechiles like the SSR!

Deborah Cook (SSR Fanatic-hotrodgirl)
43743 Merrill
Sterling Heights MI
Vin# 4017
2004 Redline Red

P.S. Thank you all for signing the SSR American Original book! I will treasure this forever! I also had the SSR Fanatics sign as well! In our own way we all are famous just for owning the SSR.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow ! What a Fantastic Homecoming !

What a fantastic homecoming... what a fantastic group of people!

Diana and I had a wonderful time at the Lansing Craft Center SSR Homecoming. We joined the caravan of SSR's just east of Lansing and that's when the adrenaline kicked in. We never saw so many SSR's in one place.

Arriving at the plant and being greeted by the smiles and applauding of the employees was an honor and a thrill. Everything went so smoothly from the check in, to the plant tour, to the lunch. It was apparent many hours of planning went into this day. Thank you for that.

Having the employees join us for lunch was a great idea. We enjoyed talking with them and the pride in their work showed through.

The after lunch presentations were great and thanks for all the gifts. The SSR book signed by the employees was a nice touch. I can take it off of my Christmas list now!

I can honestly say I have not felt this much excitement about a vehicle since my first one, a "63" Chevy Impala 327 SS. This homecoming made the experience even greater.

Please pass on to all of the employees our thanks for a memorable day and for building such a great vehicle!

Alan & Diana
Michigan
2004 Ultraviolet
(HAD2HVT)

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Thank You

I didn't get to attend the homecoming due to family responsiblities, but I just wanted all of you to know how much I appreciate you. You built my dream car even before I could dream it up. When I saw the first SSR, I knew I had to have one. It is, to me, the perfect truck. It will also be my last truck. It is part of my family and as such will always be in my life. I have never been much of a car fanatic until I saw the concept SSR. Nothing I have seen can come close to what I always wanted, until my 'Betsy Blue' came along. You have made a grandma feel 16 again. That is something big!! Thank you so much.

Janet Wrestler
Lewisville, Texas
2005 Aqua Blur

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
A hearty Thanxx to GM

I can only reiterate the comments which have already been stated. This was one fantastic weekend. Arrangements to visit the Heritage Museum on Thursday, and the Homecoming on friday were beyond my imagination.

The out pouring of "welcomeness" when we reached the Craft Center by the GM folks brought tears to my eyes. Why are we so important? Normal people aren't exposed to these things. It took a while to understand that GM management, employees, and GM associated contractors and us fanatics are all in this together.

The common bond is the SSR, and the buyer is a special breed as an individual is concerned. Doesn't think like normal people, is extreemly passionate about their vehicle, and, if we didn't know before, the builder is right there beside us. Wants to know what were thinking....what kind of problems do you have....what would you like to see in the future....how can we make this better. No one ever asked me these things before.

I tried to explain to my wife what I experienced....had a hard time doing it. Showed her some pictures of this event. It was like looking through a keyhole, to view the inside of a room. Couldn't pass on to her the enormity of this event. Overwhelmed.

I sincerely thank those involved in creating, organizing, and successfully making this event the most enjoyable 2800 mile round trip I have ever taken. I'd like to count on doing this again next year.

Ed McNeal
Shalimar Florida
'04 UV VIN #3438
1st Purple Production
(Purple Penelope)

Peace :flag

·
Registered
262 Posts
Three Cheers For The Lansing Team ! ! !

MY FIRST NEW CAR WAS A '73 MONTE CARLO AND I TRULY ENJOYED ITS STYLING AND RIDE. SINCE THEN SEVERAL OTHER VEHICLES HAVE GRACED MY DRIVEWAY BUT NONE WERE NEW AND AS EXCITING AS MY NEW SSR !
FROM THE FIRST CONCEPT DRAWINGS AND THEN THE ULTRAVIOLET POSTER CHILD, I WAS HOOKED BY ALL YOU FOLKS DESIGN, ENGINEERING AND ABOVE ALL CARE AND QUALITY WORKMANSHIP.
I HAD TO WAIT UNTIL '04 FOR THE ULTRAVIOLET COLOR TO BECOME AVAILABLE TO REALIZE THIS DREAM MACHINE.
THANK YOU ALL FOR THE WARM WELCOME AS WE ARRIVED ON SITE, IT SENT A CHILL UP MY SPINE !
THE PLANT TOUR JUST SENT ME OVER THE TOP, JUST SEEING THE PARTS & PIECES COME TOGETHER INTO ANOTHER SSR FOR SOME LUCKY BUYER WAS AN ABSOLUTE TREAT.
ANOTHER HIGHLIGHT WAS MEETING THE ORIGINAL ARTIST, DOUG AND THE LEAD DESIGN ENGINEER, GLEN ALONG WITH OUR SSR MARKETING MANAGER BOB WALCZYK, BUT THE ONE THING THAT REALLY TOOK THE CAKE WAS SEEING GLEN IN THE FIELD TAKING PICTURES OF OUR SSR'S, HIS CREATIONS, WITH HIS PERSONAL CAMERA. THIS PROVED TO ME THAT EVEN AFTER ALL THE DAY TO DAY ACTIVITIES HE SEES, HE IS A REAL CAR GUY, JUST LIKE US.
THANK YOU, GLEN, DOUG, BOB AND EVERYONE AT THE PLANT FOR SHARING YOUR PASSION FOR YOUR JOB WITH OUR PASSION FOR A GREAT VEHICLE, THE SSR.

CIRCLE K
PATRICK KNIGHT
KY REVVVV
04 ULTRAVIOLET :seeya

1 - 20 of 23 Posts