Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it been one week since taking ownership of the most unpractical vehicle on planet.
The battery is UNDER the car..
Their isn't a spare tire...
To adjust the seat while driving may need to open the door because your hand won't fit between seat and the door.
Don't even get me started on the cup holders...
But HEY !!
COOL Rules !!! :nerd:

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Well it been one week since taking ownership of the most unpractical vehicle on planet.
To adjust the seat while driving may need to open the door because your hand won't fit between seat and the door.
But HEY !!
Been so busy driving to rallies and smiling so much it hurts; in the last three years, I hadn't actually noticed any of those things. :grin2:...:laugh:....:wink2:

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,351 Posts
As indicated by the above responses, all of your comments can be corrected, and you will still be having a good time being COOL.
Now you should go to your profile in User CP (upper right of the page.and post your location (general) and other info so when people are reading your posts they have an idea who they are listening to.

Reactions: Marc NY

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
But HEY !!
What kind of Cheese would you like with your "Whine" ??? :crying::crying::crying: tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How often do you have to access the battery?
You can have a spare tire, I do.
Change the door panel to an 05/06 and you can get to the seat controls with the door closed.
My cup holders work for rational sized drinks.[/QU

Good to know about the door panel. Thanks
The undercarriage of this "04" is super clean. A one owner car and it looks like it never saw rain. The CarFax shows it was dealer maintained from day one. However I'd like to know how old the battery is so i don't get surprised when I least expect it.
I thought there would be a Utube clip on it but their isn't...
Yes ! I suppose a 22oz. SS Yeti isn't rational :wink2:

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts
Battery age has is a small part. I've had batteries last 6 or more years and one 3 wks. Read the forum you will find all those issues are part of owning a 4 yr production vehicle. Enjoy and don't sweat the small stuff. Just my .02.

·
Premium Member
2003 Chevy SSR
1,426 Posts
Spare tire

I wouldn't count on the chemical flat repair included in the box behind the seat. I always keep a flat repair kit that includes the rubber plugs that look like worms in the back of the truck. It doesn't work well on sidewalls, but does work well in the tread area. And having the battery in the back helps with the balance of the truck - and that's a good thing. Cupholders, shmupholders - one is fine for me.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Cup holders seem to be a big deal nowadays. I Remember the days when you had your beer between your legs and the seat belts were tucked under the seat with the empty beer cans. I just bought a new truck and it has 8 damn cup holders. Four in the center console and one in each door. Not sure why I need that many.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Easy fix for the battery. Buck up $100 and buy a new one and don't worry about it! The rest you will get use to, and still love it!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Hell Chevynut your 4 short for a 12 pack and 2 over for a six pack, with the truck just put a pony keg in back with a tube running to a tap in the center console why sweat the small stuff.
TeakFreak don't forget my finder's fee for your truck, let you buy me a beer sometime when we get togther. When I seen it I knew it was a nice R and a pretty good deal. If I didn't already have my UV R I would have bought this one, very sharp and wel maintained truck. You did good. Try and make it the Daytona rally in April so you can show it off.
Drink holders we don't need no stinken drink holders....

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,310 Posts
We love to pick on one another around here! I asked once if anyone has done anything to soften the ride a bit and got one reply" If you want a ride like a couch buy an old Cadillac!" Lol!

I agree! Cool Rules! ?

Reactions: RedlineRyder

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
We love to pick on one another around here! I asked once if anyone has done anything to soften the ride a bit and got one reply" If you want a ride like a couch buy an old Cadillac!" Lol!

I agree! Cool Rules! ?
Amen Larry...sold my couch to help finance my PERAGRIN. Tina is still pissed that I park my R in the front room so we can watch TV!! ;-)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts