Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '05 with carpeted box has some type of small opening cover on the underside of the top. It has a turn lever that allows it to open. Not sure what it is for. The only good thing would be for placing bread and cheese together on a long trip and let the sun warm and melt the cheese for a snack. Any help to identify this useless hatch is appreciated. I believe it must be for the maps and such. Also where do you store the handle to lock the top in case of power failure. Motordoctor
 

·
SSR Pit Crew
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
I believe in European countries, this was where they kept the mandatory "break down" kit. (Reflective triangle, etc.)

US does not require them, so I keep some bungy cords in mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,283 Posts
I have just started entering car shows and find that that place is great to mount the small plaques that I get for the shows I enter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you guys carry a tire plugger or reley on the juice in the bottle. What about a lug wrench or hub cap remover tool???? motordoc
 

·
Machell
Joined
·
20,829 Posts
I have a tire plug kit, if it has a hole the juice isn't going to help much. I bought a special hub cap removal tool to take it off without damaging the cover. It is a bicycle changer tool, sold at Bike Shops. Mine came three to a pack for around 5bucks and I gave one to my dealer ship to use and have the others in my tool bag.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,282 Posts
I store the " Closed lid before tail gate sign" there LOL :lol :flag
 

·
West Coast Pit Crew
Joined
·
10,185 Posts
Free Hub Cap Tool

wildcat66 said:
I have a tire plug kit, if it has a hole the juice isn't going to help much. I bought a special hub cap removal tool to take it off without damaging the cover. It is a bicycle changer tool, sold at Bike Shops. Mine came three to a pack for around 5bucks and I gave one to my dealer ship to use and have the others in my tool bag.
Your can get all the free (yes I said free) hub cap tool removers buy going to Lowes or Home Depot to the Paint Dept... Ask them for a paint can opener :yesnod :yesnod :yesnod
 

·
I DO WINDOWS
Joined
·
8,830 Posts
...

There is a fellow on this board who was involved with the SSR build. He was given the job to decide which tools to collect in a small kit to be stored there. I'm guessing they decided against the kit when the cover was having problems opening (extra weight) Maybe he will chime in and clarify or correct me on that point.

The 05's have this pocket? I thought that pocket was no longer in production. Your clearing up false info for me that I recieved some where.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Someone I talked with said an SSR owner had put a small flat screen tv in there... I'm thinking about doing that as my SSR is set up for tailgating...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,320 Posts
Flat Screen

grillman said:
Someone I talked with said an SSR owner had put a small flat screen tv in there... I'm thinking about doing that as my SSR is set up for tailgating...
I heard that they can not be placed in a horizontal position if it is plasma,
Must be kept vertical. LCD TV may not work very well either.
 

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
Joined
·
10,190 Posts
Both could be right

REBEL said:
The 05's have this pocket? I thought that pocket was no longer in production. Your clearing up false info for me that I recieved some where.
I have an '05 that was built in May. No pocket in the deck lid. I saw an '05 that was built last fall and it had the pocket..... Maybe there was a mid-model-year changeout to the newer style.

Mike
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,282 Posts
My 05 has the pocket on the lid. Not sure of the build date. :ssr
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top