Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I might be able to find one of those cross bars that they tried on the rear of the original concept cars?

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
To my knowledge it was never produced past the concept stage. Since the concept cars were built atop a smaller platform even if you could get one it world not fit the larger production truck. I do wonder however why someone in the aftermarket never came out with one for the production version. Someone here had one painted on and it looks good, but would only work well on a dark color. I dont see why one of these outfits making fiberglass chin spoilers couldn't fabricate a rear tail light bar as well ..hint hint. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
SS My R said:
Does anyone know where I might be able to find one of those cross bars that they tried on the rear of the original concept cars?
I'm not sure but it looks like with some trimming you may be able to use the Bar from the back of the Chevy Equinox.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Huuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ricochet said:
To my knowledge it was never produced past the concept stage. Since the concept cars were built atop a smaller platform even if you could get one it world not fit the larger production truck. I do wonder however why someone in the aftermarket never came out with one for the production version. Someone here had one painted on and it looks good, but would only work well on a dark color. I dont see why one of these outfits making fiberglass chin spoilers couldn't fabricate a rear tail light bar as well ..hint hint. :)
You mean something like the new grill bars am in the process of making........I might consider something like that.....but they would have NO bowtie emblem..:seeya

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Whitewolf said:
You mean something like the new grill bars am in the process of making........I might consider something like that.....but they would have NO bowtie emblem..:seeya
Make it a two piece item one on each side of the emblem.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ricochet said:
Make it a two piece item one on each side of the emblem.
Nope, don't want the bowtie, front or back. I'd like to take off all of the bowties if I can find a way. They don't pay me to advertise. First thing the dealer has to do for me is remove the dam dealer advertisement from my vehicle. No license plate brackets or stick on emblems. The concept car was full size and the bar was full size and they were on a few of the concept cars.

:smash :smash :smash​

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whitewolf said:
I'd like to see them when you get them made.

I would love to get that CHEVROLET off of the front nose.

I know how to take the Bowtie off of the back and switch it with the SSR.

Replace the SSR with an LS2 emblem.

Taking the GM emblem off also. Just waiting for the weather to change.

It's all about the projects.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whitewolf said:
DON'T WANT NO STINKIN BOWTIE!

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Just last night I was looking at Nomad tailgate bars and Hood V's to replace the bowtie and SSR emblems. So, :agree No stinkin' emblems

Danchuk.com has engine size numbers that you can apply anywhere.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
SSRRev said:
Does the tailgate emblem come off easily?

Take this off and you will have to deal with the holes, that go through the tailgate.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The bow tie is cool! Last week I stopped at my local bike shop to say "Hi" to my favorite motorcycle mechanic and he showed me a Bombardier 4-wheeler in for service that the owner put Chevy bowtie emblems over all the Bombardier markings on the machine. Looked neat as hell!

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SSRRev said:
Does the tailgate emblem come off easily?
Leaves a couple of holes but you can cover them with the SSR and then where the SSR was on the lower right cover that with an emblem of your choice. Just take your time and use care when using the hair dryer and fishing line. Just do a search and you'll find what you need to know.

:banghead :banghead :banghead​

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
You can fill the holes in and repaint, if you don't like the emblems!:banghead

·
Registered
86 Posts
SS My R said:
Nope, don't want the bowtie, front or back. I'd like to take off all of the bowties if I can find a way. They don't pay me to advertise. First thing the dealer has to do for me is remove the dam dealer advertisement from my vehicle. No license plate brackets or stick on emblems. The concept car was full size and the bar was full size and they were on a few of the concept cars.

Was I belive original concept was on a smaller s-10 platform, not the Trailblazer
it is now built on.:)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts