Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased an 04 and lovin' it! I notice the back bed seems to always have some condensation on the inside. My bed has the carpet installed and I am concerned it is going to get the carpet wet. Any one else having this problem and if so do you have a recommendation for prevention?

Thanks

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
There seems to be a common problem, some more than others. check to make sure you don't have a leak, first. second most likely if the humidity is high it will seem damp since there isnt ventilation in the bed area. if you do a search you might find other fixes. The only time mine seemed wet was when it was outside in a downpour that lasted for hours.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Lew4ut said:
Just purchased an 04 and lovin' it! I notice the back bed seems to always have some condensation on the inside. My bed has the carpet installed and I am concerned it is going to get the carpet wet. Any one else having this problem and if so do you have a recommendation for prevention?

Thanks
You might want to put a small chunk of charcoal in the bed in the corner. Charcoal does absorb moisture. Just a thought. I know they sell charcoal in the stores for the basements to absorb condensation.

S

·
0 Posts
I bought the clear plastic bedliner for mine, and it's been raining here for a couple of days. This morning when I stopped by the dry cleaners to pick up some clothes, I opened the back and, :eek :mad !!!
There was a LOT of moisture under 75% od the darn thing! :cuss
I rolled it up, and intend to put it away unless I need to haul something in it.
I felt around on the carpet, and it didn't really feel wet, just a little moist. So you can bet I'll be watching it from now on! :mad

·
Registered
93 Posts
Clear Bed Liner

Sam, Can you please tell me about the clear bed liner, where to puchase, how much, etc. Thanks, Mofo

S

·
0 Posts
I've looked, and looked, and can't find the name of the company. :confused
Bought it on ebay by looking under SSR Accessories.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Exact Mats

Name of company on Ebay selling the clear mats; both floor mats and bed mats
is ExactMats. I bought my floor mats from them.
I looked but didn't see any SSR mats listed currently, but you can email them.
I did that with my floor mats because I had seen them on there and then didn't
get the bid. They had more that were not listed.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
water

I originally thought that I had condensation in the bed, but it turned out to be a leak. And unfortunately it took almost a year for me to get the leak fixed. The leak was in the rear corners.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I'm curious. What did they do to fix the problem? I've been seeing some water on the carpet just below the cargo hatch latches. Not much. But if the fix is easy enough....

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Fix

They brought in a field guy (I guess). I was told that they added an extra seal, but I can't really tell what they did.

Sorry I'm not more help.....but I am glad it doesn't leak anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Bed Condensation

NO LEAKS HERE-BUT DID HAVE MOISTURE FORMING FROM FREQUENT TEMPETURE CHANGES HERE IN FLORIDA-PURCHASED A DAMP RID PRODUCT IN A PLASTIC BAG THAT HANGS IN THE BED-----PROBLEM SOLVED- IT FILLED WITH WATER IN ABOUT A MONTH

PLAN TO KEEP A SUPPLY ON HAND :flag :flag

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,655 Posts
Damp rid ?

6.0TOGO said:
NO LEAKS HERE-BUT DID HAVE MOISTURE FORMING FROM FREQUENT TEMPETURE CHANGES HERE IN FLORIDA-PURCHASED A DAMP RID PRODUCT IN A PLASTIC BAG THAT HANGS IN THE BED-----PROBLEM SOLVED- IT FILLED WITH WATER IN ABOUT A MONTH

PLAN TO KEEP A SUPPLY ON HAND :flag :flag
Hey 6.0 to go,

Is Damp Rid a product name? Perhaps you have an internet link to that products site for those of us who are storing our SSRs all winter long? Since we go through a lot of temp changes I think it would be great to have a few of those around.

Thanks,

:thumbs

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,147 Posts
Marc NY said:
Hey 6.0 to go,

Is Damp Rid a product name? Perhaps you have an internet link to that products site for those of us who are storing our SSRs all winter long? Since we go through a lot of temp changes I think it would be great to have a few of those around.

Thanks,

:thumbs
Everyone in Florida knows what Damp Rid is. After all its not the heat, its the humidity. Its made by a company in Orlando click here I don't know where you Yankees can find it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts