Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ssr members can anyone tell me how can I get a key #027 for my console and from who
thanks Bert

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,882 Posts
Hi ssr members can anyone tell me how can I get a key #027 for my console and from who
thanks Bert
Got mine from the lock smith in town and he made me two spares also. Very cheap.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Several of us have gotten them from a vendor on ebay. Seems like it was about $9 for two. I went back and looked at my post, unfortunately I just agreed about the vendor, there was no listing of the name

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Where do you find the lock or key codes ??
If I recall correctly, it is on the face of the lock. You'll need a bright light, properly adjusted glasses, and a limber back. You have to get down, eye level with the lock and close up.

·
Slingshot Rules!
71,321 Posts
Just a very basic point to consider . . .

Locking the Console could be a huge mistake. If someone breaks into your SSR and then forces the Console open . . . more damage and grief than losing whatever may be inside.

The same applies to the Glove Compartment.

Personally, I prefer not storing anything of value in either the Console or the Glove Compartment than relying on a flimsy locking device.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a very basic point to consider . . .

Locking the Console could be a huge mistake. If someone breaks into your SSR and then forces the Console open . . . more damage and grief than losing whatever may be inside.

The same applies to the Glove Compartment.

Personally, I prefer not storing anything of value in either the Console or the Glove Compartment than relying on a flimsy locking device.
true i'm not looking mine just to have the key
thanks

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,273 Posts
I too leave mine unlocked, however that being said, you do need to turn the lock to the "locked" position in order to remove the center console cover and as such need the correct key.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts