Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Spirited driver!
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the things I quickly learned on my 1,500 mile trip to the Laughlin Spring Fling was that I desperately needed a trash bag in the truck. I knew it had to be small (like everything else you try to fit in the truck) and it occurred to me that the driver's side of the console would be the perfect spot if the trash bag was not too wide. Searching around I came across a neoprene bag on Amazon for $10 that was made with a loop to go over the gear shift. I cut the loop off and glued it to a cup-holder mount I got from Mike in AZ and it worked great! The bag was a little plain so I figured out how to make vinyl decals using my wife's crafting gear and added an appropriate design. Custom and functional!
Link to Amazon

Attachments

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Can't help to ask how you make any trash? Not even enough room to store a light weight coat? AND no way to get one off when in the truck?

Birdmans

·
Spirited driver!
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't help to ask how you make any trash? Not even enough room to store a light weight coat? AND no way to get one off when in the truck?

Birdmans
I often will eat while driving on longer trips or drink a couple of bottles of water which I then need to store the empty bottles. Regarding the light weight coat - don't put it or any other small items on the panel behind the headrest as they will fall into the roof storage compartment when you go around the corner (I learned that on the Laughlin trip too).

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
Not needed on My side.... Her Side, for sure....

Nice job. Looks like it belongs as an OEM Accessory...

Reactions: CruDawg

·
Registered
482 Posts
Poker guy, if you have one of those custom made sound suppressors that everyone is getting then your lightweight jacket wouldn’t fall in the hole. All the holes and gaps will be covered with sound blocking material.
?

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Lance,

Awesome idea...I like it!!
I just hope it holds enough trash to get you from California to Georgia in October!! :wink2:

Alex

1 - 8 of 8 Posts