Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Shifter Console tunnel carpet

Have had the SSR since 1/1/05 and just today noted that the carpet is pulled away from the shifter console on the passenger side. It is thick and moulded and does not want to go back under the lip of the console. Anyone have this problem? :mad

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
Mine has not openly dislodged, but I noted that it feels "hollow" under the carpet when I slide the new "horizontal mount" cupholder into the horizontal mount tabs.

The "clearance" between the cupholder and the carpet is VERY tight. That's how I noticed the fact that the carpet easily "deflects" downward as you push the cupholder in. The contact of the carpet to the console at this point is pretty non-existent. I suspect that all that holds the carpet edge down is physical clamping via the console panel.

Jim G

·
Registered
40 Posts
ok on my silver 04

just checked my 04 and the carpet is close on the passenger side but it is still enough carpet to fit under the shifter console.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Carpet Gap Too

My '03 has a gap on the drivers side. Didn't notice it 'til the dealer installed my gauges. Maybe it was there before. Anyhow, it will be looked at next time its in the dealer's shop.

·
Registered
431 Posts
same problem - both sides

I have not been able to find a more current thread on this topic.
I recently bought a 2005 Aqua Blur. Like many I bought it sight unseen.
On the drive home I noticed that the carpet has pulled away from the console on both sides. Any others having this issue? Any known fixes?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Carpet

What I did was install a wire tie close to the console under the gages and pulled the carpet together both sides.
Work great for me.
Bare

1 - 10 of 10 Posts