Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
Top down windows down in town
Highway speed can be anything..that stops the side buffeting.. really need to try to get a windscreen test ride...

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Top down windows up with the Wifey, depends on the weather all other times above 85 top down windows up air cond on.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
For me the top is down so are the windows, except when I stop for gas or to make the investment in my retirement ( lottery ) then the windows are up and the alarm is on. Even in the winter here in So. Cal. ( no such thing ) the top is down so are the windows. Windows up while moving looks silly.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Top down and windows down
unless
there is too much side wind to enjoy a cigar, than windows go up.
I noticed that putting the passenger window up has little effect on the airflow on the driver's side, if passenger asks for it, their window can come up and I'll keep my window down.

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,334 Posts
Window down on my side (driver), window up on the passenger side for the Mrs! That's weird, I know! ::)
You just described our top down driving exactly!

Blast

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
On the highway with the windows up and windscreen in place the SSR is the quietest and least buffeting convertible I've ever had! Top is down as much as possible and windows are only up on the highway, or not. However top up and windows down, buffeting is annoying.

·
Super Moderator
13,609 Posts
You guys cruise from spot to spot - my destinations are often several hours apart
If I am local - top-down - windows down - if that ain't working I am driving my amazing 85 Chevy S10 - HaHa!
However, I often leave home at 6 am heading for a show and after 3 hours @ 100 mph I can be rather wind whipped, ears in mess - on arrival I conclude it might have been a good idea to start out windows up - then again - memory isn't that great as each year to Penticton I never seem to learn - I never was that smart about this stuff!
Anybody bring some suntan lotion? HaHa!

Rainstorm - I never leave home in rain but caught in some tough storms on the road - pedal to the metal baby! My interior rarely gets a drop! That is where I have to trust my Nittos

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
You guys cruise from spot to spot - my destinations are often several hours apart
If I am local - top-down - windows down - if that ain't working I am driving my amazing 85 Chevy S10 - HaHa!
However, I often leave home at 6 am heading for a show and after 3 hours @ 100 mph I can be rather wind whipped, ears in mess - on arrival I conclude it might have been a good idea to start out windows up - then again - memory isn't that great as each year to Penticton I never seem to learn - I never was that smart about this stuff!
Anybody bring some suntan lotion? HaHa!

Rainstorm - I never leave home in rain but caught in some tough storms on the road - pedal to the metal baby! My interior rarely gets a drop! That is where I have to trust my Nittos
Erm not all of us cruise from spot to spot all the time...

For us top down when it is 85F/29.5 and below, and the A/C might be on. I’ll put it down if I’m solo at night when the temperatures are hot. We’ve cruised with top down many times to see the Christmas lights, even at 32F/0C. We generally don’t have the top down at highways speeds as our contacts dry out and stick to our eyes, making it difficult to see. FYI: tear film is required for contacts to work properly. Not driving in the rain, not an option. It just means a little more cleaning at some point.

At serious highway speeds, I’m not a fan of picking the bugs from my teeth. I’d put Parnelli, my wife, up against anyone...

21 - 40 of 40 Posts