Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2003 the top won't go down because the cover slides underneath the tonneau cover anybody got a fix for this its production number 81

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,319 Posts
Got a 2003 the top won't go down because the cover slides underneath the tonneau cover anybody got a fix for this its production number 81
There was a service bulletin identifying this issue on the early SSRs. At one time, the dealerships would replace the roof compartment cover hinges at GM expense. There was a geometry change and a material change when the hinges were revised. All of the replacement hinges are now gone and the Service Bulletin has expired. The best thing to do is purchase a set of used hinges off of a 2005 or 2006.

And no, I don’t have any...... but there are others on the forum that do.

Regards,

Mike

·
Daily Driver
8,980 Posts
.... because the cover slides underneath the tonneau cover....
I would bet Mike is right, especially on such an early truck.

But I'm stumped trying to figure out what cover is sliding under the tonneau cover?

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The cover that covers the compartment that holds the top when I go to open it instead of coming up it goes back under the front of the tonneau cover lip

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
The cover that covers the compartment that holds the top when I go to open it instead of coming up it goes back under the front of the tonneau cover lip
Once you find some new hinges, you really need to get a hold of Mike in AZ being your both in the Mesa area. Won’t find a more knowledgeable person to help you get it fixed properly.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,319 Posts
Once you find some new hinges, you really need to get a hold of Mike in AZ being your both in the Mesa area. Won’t find a more knowledgeable person to help you get it fixed properly.
Dwhipple......... Call me when you get time today. I’ve changed several sets and I’ll help you change your hinges. I may also be able to help you find some, if you are striking out...

Mike. 480-225-2123

·
Daily Driver
8,980 Posts
Ah OK, the tonneau cover of the roof compartment is trying to slip under the cargo cover instead of lifting up first. Yes, seen that before, that's definitely the hinges, Mike is right as usual.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts