Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
it's 5 o'clock somewhere!
16,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
her life is much happier since her rescue. The past owners had drilled holes in her shell so they could attach a handle to carry her around :cry The holes are filled now and appears all well. She is an 8 year old Salcata from S. Africa and now lives at a farm supply store just east of here.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
35,819 Posts
Wow, that was a cruel thing to do to a tortoise! Mine are free to roam in their own yard! Mine had leftover pumpkins from halloween! They loved them! pumpkin.JPG

·
it's 5 o'clock somewhere!
16,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
she was very friendly and came over to the corner every time I squatted down to talk to them, even though I didn't have any food. Perhaps it was the heat lamp but her shell was very warm.

·
Premium Member
35,819 Posts
she was very friendly and came over to the corner every time I squatted down to talk to them, even though I didn't have any food. Perhaps it was the heat lamp but her shell was very warm.
They love attention.Very friendly gentle pets!

·
Premium Member
35,819 Posts
OMG :) they are soooo cute. And about the size of all the ones around my living room that I dust every once and a while; marble, glass, stone, ceramic...
:) I have those kinds too:) These little hatchlings are the size of a golf ball

·
Carolina Fanatic
7,420 Posts
I have a 3 pound Russian that is about 30 years old named Gracie. Very elegant old lady from my point of view.
The Eastern Box Turtle had 6 hatchlings this year in the flower bed, cute little guys; this is her 5th year coming back to the same spot.

·
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!
2004 SSR Ultra Violet
41,933 Posts
her life is much happier since her rescue. The past owners had drilled holes in her shell so they could attach a handle to carry her around :cry The holes are filled now and appears all well. She is an 8 year old Salcata from S. Africa and now lives at a farm supply store just east of here.
Wow ... drilling holes !!! Makes you want to grab the old owners, drill a hole for a tether ball line, so when you slap them, they keep coming back for more !!! :smash glad to hear Dozer is much better and happier !!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts