Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"cool Racing Pedals"

This is it Guys & Girls :thumbs Got mine installed (easy) less than a hour, of course
can't bend down as long as I use too :lol :lol www.ultimatepedals.com custom racing pedals made just for are babies :cool contact Rob Baylor at [email protected] When checking site look under Silverado's, price for SSR's is the same as Silverado's. When you order in special remark's state that the pedals are for SSR.

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For The Newbees

This is an older thread but thought you would like to know where you can get some :cool custom racing pedals :thumbs

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imposter

JimGnitecki said:
Crazyrtr53: Thanks for the reminder! These do look very good!

Jim G
Jim is that really you (to short of a post) :glol :glol :glol

·
Registered
103 Posts
Simple Install

Received mine on Monday and installed on Tuesday in less than an hour. Had to play Golf on Monday. :lol The brake and gas pedal are great. :thumbs

If anyone decides to order the driver's footrest, make sure to give them your model year. Rob and I found out the driver's footrest for the '03, '04 is different than the '05. I explained that the first two years had a carpet footrest with a plastic insert. After taking the '05 which he had sent me and placing it on the existing footrest I have, I remeasured and advised him what I thought might work. He sent me a template to try it. He is making up a new footrest for me.

Does anyone know what material makes up the footrest (metal/plastic) under the carpet and padding? Is there any kind of wiring under the material which makes up that footrest? This information would be very helpful for installation purposes.

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
sgt770: HOW easy an install?

The reason for asking is that I am currently living in an extended stay hotel while on contract assignment in Atlanta, and don't have any tools to speak of here, nor the ability to use the hotel drievway as a work site.

What tools are needed?

Any difficult operations?

What steps?

Jim G

·
Registered
103 Posts
Jim,

Tools: #2 Phillips screw driver
Open end-Box wrench 8mm
Drill bits 1/8" and 7/32"
Electric drill
Automatic center punch
Pencil
2" wide masking tape
Automatic center punch
Full directions included, but here is an idea. Very easy.

Clutch and Brake, remove rubber covers. Apply masking tape over metal pedals. Mark with pencil the mounting holes for the aluminum pedals, after centering. Use center punch to make a dimple to locate drill bit. Did not have punch, used a much smaller bit to make dimple and drilled small hole first, easier than getting the larger bit through first. Make sure you have clearance behind the pedal to mount the nut on the screw which goes through the metal pedals. Both clutch and brake mount the same. I have an automatic, brake pedal only.

The gas pedal (plastic) is the easier. Apply masking tape, mark with pencil after centering aluminum pedal. Drill two small holes (top/bottom), use self tapping flat head screws to apply aluminum pedal. Do top first and make sure to align aluminum pedal before doing bottom. Fit right on top of existing gas pedal.

Rob was very helpful and even called when I had a question about the footrest. Great customer service.

Maybe the handy man at the hotel can let you use their tools. I have done that in the past.

Good luck.

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YOU Will Like Them

Jim G you will like these pedals there are FIRST CLASS :thumbs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts