Chevy SSR Forum banner

Cool Signatures....

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  WOW_FCTR 
#1 ·
Some people on here have some really cool signatures.
Everyone has to check out how beer100 has added JimGnitecki's SSR to his SSR line up in his signature.
I still think the moderators should force him to use Buffy's picture of the Elephant sitting on the hood!!!! Especially since he doesn't have an avatar. :reddevil

#2 · (Edited)
Jim may have better ideas in mind. We should wait and see. :cool

For the record various SSr's in the rule are in honer of.
Flames > Mr.Merlin
Red > my own ;)
Yellow > Wildcat
Green
Cyan
Blue
17of25's purple prose
#1 Pistons Fan (too bad the small icon can't show his fantastic paint job)
Elephant > jim's most anguishing moment (I hope he doesn't mind the reminder)
Fuzzy's work of art.
Axiom
Marc

I'm of two minds about creating a Raiders two-tone. I really dislike Al Davis and how he messed over Oakland taxpayers. This part of California any one driving a black or silver truck is suspect of liking the Raiders. Two tone black and silver is an automatic conviction of being a Raider idiot... er, I mean fan. :rolleyes: On the otherhand I'd like the rule to be complete.

edit: maybe i'll add a backboard and net sticking out of the #1 Pistons fan rear deck.

#3 ·
Greatest Signature of them all!

beer100 said:
For the record various SSr's in the rule are in honer of.
Flames > Mr.Merlin
Red > my own ;)
Yellow > Wildcat
Green
Cyan
Blue
17of25's purple prose
#1 Pistons Fan (too bad the small icon can't show his fantastic paint job)
Elephant > jim's most anguishing moment (I hope he doesn't mind the reminder)
Fuzzy's work of art.
Axiom
Marc

edit: maybe i'll add a backboard and net sticking out of the #1 Pistons fan rear deck.
Wow I feel like a very lucky guy to be included in your list. :) I truly think Beer's signature is awesome creation ... it is a reflection of most of us put together that share one common interest. What better way can we collect a vast group of our members together into one unique signature?

Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing a two-tone (even though I am not a raider fan either) Go BILLS!

#4 ·
I didn't understand

I was trying to match up your list with the SSRs RULE signature I see. And I didn't get it. Then I clicked on your SSRs RULE link (which I didn't know was a link until I clicked on it) and I now see the COOL RULE.

:)

#9 ·
They're going too fast - accidently blew out the flames!!! I like it - looks like restrictor plate racing with SSRs

Ray

#10 ·
Fun Wow!

Flassh said:
They're going too fast - accidently blew out the flames!!! I like it - looks like restrictor plate racing with SSRs
Ray
:lol I am working without animation software. (I am too cheap to buy it for now) :reddevil

Hense I couldn't do that animated part of the flames going on and off too while the SSRs drive by ... heck, I am only in the learning stages with this animation stuff. :rolleyes:

Hardest part was trying to keep the elephant from falling off :jester

#11 ·
looking4_an_ssr said:
I was trying to match up your list with the SSRs RULE signature I see. And I didn't get it. Then I clicked on your SSRs RULE link (which I didn't know was a link until I clicked on it) and I now see the COOL RULE.

:)
Is your browser set to block images from other than the originating web site.
If so the image of ssr's will not show in my sig.

#12 ·
Marc NY said:
HI Beer,

I tried something out for ya... having fun with your SSR Rule :jester

Ps if its too fast for ya... I can slow it up ... who said pink elephants can't fly.... :jester
Im not seeing it right now for some reason. When replying I did see the link to the image and viewed it direct. To do that neatly would be heck of a lot of frames. Even more to keep the flames running as well. That's why my passing animation kind of ran out of steam. Before it was finished.

#13 · (Edited)
I tried loading it onto another site... check it now

beer100 said:
... To do that neatly would be heck of a lot of frames. Even more to keep the flames running as well. That's why my passing animation kind of ran out of steam. Before it was finished.
I know what you mean... it takes lots and lots of time to do those (crazy on the eyes too) and then I try to up load them and then finally find out that they are too large of a file to upload.... :boxing So I had to cut down on the frames in order for it to load up onto the site. So it isn't as smooth as I had wanted it to be... :willy:

Ps. Just like the Revolution banner I am using in my signature area right now ... it took way too much to load the original one. I had it moving much smoother and with more flashing lights... oh well what do I want for something that is free? To bad it takes a lot of time to do... UGH :rolleyes:

Attachments

#14 ·
beer100 said:
Is your browser set to block images from other than the originating web site.
If so the image of ssr's will not show in my sig.

I see a set of SSRs, but not the GOOD set.
I see the set that starts off with a red one, has no elephant or FUZZY, although it does have AXIOM.

#15 · (Edited)
looking4_an_ssr said:
I see a set of SSRs, but not the GOOD set.
I see the set that starts off with a red one, has no elephant or FUZZY, although it does have AXIOM.
You most likely need to clear the browser cache.

In IE 6.0 choose TOOLS>INTERNET OPTIONS>choose the GENERAL tab> and press the Delete Files button in the temporary internet files section.

In Foxfire choose TOOLS>OPTIONS>select PRIVACY on the left>press the Clear button next to cache.

For those who didn't know, all web browsers temporarly save everything that is downloaded in the cache. The cache is just a folder on your disk drive. When you revisit web pages, the browser will not bother downloading everything again. It will just use what is already in the cache. There are rules that govern how often the browser checks to see if things, like the picture in my signature, are updated. When it determines a change has happened, it updates from the source.

I've been modifying the rule but not changing the name of the image file. I think this is fooling your browser into thinking, nothing has changed. Now I know this is a problem, new versions will receive new names, and I'll update the sig. to match.

Happy Browsing

#16 ·
Ps. Just like the Revolution banner I am using in my signature area right now ... it took way too much to load the original one. I had it moving much smoother and with more flashing lights... oh well what do I want for something that is free? To bad it takes a lot of time to do... UGH :rolleyes:
I'd like to see a drunken Karaoke singer try to follow the highlighting in your banner. :lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.