Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Chevrolet SSR
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have a 2005 SSR. Today I turned it on to run it and stepped away a min. When I came back the temp gauge was at 260 degrees and the fan was not running. The AC was running when it overheated and the fan did not kick on. Any advice or ideas? I haven’t used the car much this year, but it was working fine the last time I started it.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
4,097 Posts
Hello again! Is it a stock fan? Those are junk. Get a new, better and cheaper than OEM one from @Mike in AZ at simple-engineering.com. that's our go to shop for all your SSR needs. And Mike knows more than just about anyone here.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
30,154 Posts
Hi! I have a 2005 SSR. Today I turned it on to run it and stepped away a min. When I came back the temp gauge was at 260 degrees and the fan was not running. The AC was running when it overheated and the fan did not kick on. Any advice or ideas? I haven’t used the car much this year, but it was working fine the last time I started it.
How long have you owned the truck? Where are you located? There might be someone around you who can help out with trouble shooting or have a spare OEM fan to get you by until you can get a replacement, if that is the issue.

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
4,140 Posts
It seems like you have multiple posts ALL with electrical problems
Did all of these start at once?
As @Mike in AZ asked - has the truck been jump started?
Have you tried other electrical accessories to see if they function normally? Windows (including indexing when opening/closing doors), roof, wipers, radio etc
Use a voltmeter with the black lead connected to a good ground - check fuses in both fuses boxes with the ignition key in the various positions as noted in the following table and report back with any voltage reading that are not as anticipated. Pay particular attention to the ones highlighted in yellow - problem with the ignition switch will affect these fuses - NOTE ignition switch problems will not show on other fuses - other than the fact the other circuits may not turn on so there would be no voltage on either side of the fuse.

Text Line Font Parallel
Text Font Line Number Parallel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.