Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I will have to check the scan tool I didn't look at that .If outside temp is 45 deg I don't think the AC will turn on would it? Maybe on defrost but everything was turned off thank for the help

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,698 Posts
  • No super charger when I first put the fan in it came on later at higher temp ac control were off today when we started the truck fan was off when temp hit 190 deg fan turned on low speed the fan should not come on till it gets to 226deg if truck is stock setting right?and it stayed on for 15 or20 while truck was running turned off when truck was turned off
Ok....... soooooooo...... lets double check your HVAC control module......

Open the hood, start the truck and turn on the left knob to “1” and set the middle one anywhere on the dial. Set the right knob to put air out the vents on the front of the dash. Observe that you can turn on and turn off the A/C button and the recirculate button. be sure that both are not lit...... this should give you cooling fan off...... Then test to see that the fan turns on and off by selecting the AC switch.

If you have the fan running when is should be off, put a tester on the OBD2 port and see if it is being commanded on. If it is being commanded off and it is running, you may have a relay sticking. Would be the first one in 15 years, though.......

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok I will try that .If a relay was stuck on wouldn't the fan stay running when truck is off? Thanks alot Mike may be awhile before I can do that here in Illinois we are calling for snow storm.he doesn't drive it in winter I just remembered that he said a few months back that he pulled the truck out to do something in the garage turned truck off but when he went to start it again nothing happened there were no interior lights not crank nothing this may help I am going to talk to him tonight I don't remember what he did to get it going but never had the problem again Thanks again for your help

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,698 Posts
Ok I will try that .If a relay was stuck on wouldn't the fan stay running when truck is off? Thanks alot Mike may be awhile before I can do that here in Illinois we are calling for snow storm.he doesn't drive it in winter I just remembered that he said a few months back that he pulled the truck out to do something in the garage turned truck off but when he went to start it again nothing happened there were no interior lights not crank nothing this may help I am going to talk to him tonight I don't remember what he did to get it going but never had the problem again Thanks again for your help
OK..... so here's a caveat for checking the cooling fan with the AC system........ The system pressure has to rise to 200psi before it turns on the fan. If your air temp is too low, the AC system may have a hard time getting to that pressure....... You need to have at least 50 or 60 degrees before you will have enough head pressure......

Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok thanks very much as soon as things get warmer I will ck those things .just wondering if it would be ok to call you and talk directly when I get back to this if I need to thanks for your help from all of us with these fine rides

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,698 Posts
Ok thanks very much as soon as things get warmer I will ck those things .just wondering if it would be ok to call you and talk directly when I get back to this if I need to thanks for your help from all of us with these fine rides
communication sent

21 - 27 of 27 Posts