Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may go to Bowling Green on my way to Midway Ga. thinking about being there like 11-9 I have never have taken a tour think it could be fun also there was a track possible can drive on.
Anyone think they want to possible meet there just wondering

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,824 Posts
I did not know about a track. The factory is close and people can pick up there new Vette's in the museum. You will see some new cars waiting in the main hallway. It will take 2 hr's to go thru and maybe more if you get caught in the toy store.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The website said it is about 2 miles away if someone don't have it rented for the day you can drive your car on it or you can get a driver and they will take you in a car. I want my R on it lol.

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,273 Posts
Frank
Don't know about the track, but did go to the museum and took an assembly line tour at the Corvette plant following the '15 Springfield rally. Would have liked to have spent more time at the museum but opted visit Mammoth cave. Plant tour required a reservation at that time and got to see many toys to drool over.

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
I may go to Bowling Green on my way to Midway Ga. thinking about being there like 11-9 I have never have taken a tour think it could be fun also there was a track possible can drive on.
Anyone think they want to possible meet there just wondering
The assemble tour is closed due to production of new Mid-engine Corvette. Track can be rented for you car or you can use some of there theirs. They have different Exotic cars to rent. Museum is open 7 days a week. I deliver parts there now and than, go by the plant 5 days a week. if you come down thru Nashville give a shout.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The assemble tour is closed due to production of new Mid-engine Corvette. Track can be rented for you car or you can use some of there theirs. They have different Exotic cars to rent. Museum is open 7 days a week. I deliver parts there now and than, go by the plant 5 days a week. if you come down thru Nashville give a shout.
possible dinner on the 8th in Nashville. I will know more soon.

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
possible dinner on the 8th in Nashville. I will know more soon.
Some SSRfanatic came through Nashville, 3 or 4 weeks ago and I thought they were going to call but never heard from them ... "is no word from you at all the best that you can do" (Hal Ketchum - country singer & carpenter, frequent guest on the Grand Ole Opry). the tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,322 Posts
Kool memory.....

Hey Bob, got a question for ya. :nerd: Are you familiar with this logo??

images-7.jpeg ~~~ know who this is? :wink2:

I was 11 years old and on a family vacation. I was a "cover-to-cover" reader of HC's catalog and I begged my Dad to make an extra stop by their showroom when we went through Chatanooga. He said okay and from then on I was "car crazy". Great memory. :smile2:

==============
David :black:

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
David: Honest Charlie had a parts place in Bellaire when I was growing up. It was before Auto Shack and others. Got most everyone's business since only had dealers and mail order like JC Whitney.
David

·
Daily Driver
8,935 Posts
Charlie hisself died in about '74, the business went under in '90, then Coker Tire bought the rights and brought it back.

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
05 SSR, was at the Corvette plant yesterday, still not doing tours. They are not in full production of mid-engine car. Don't know when they will offer tours. Just FYI.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Honest Charley's and Coker Tire are based here where I live Ooltewah is a suburb of Chattanooga TN he has a big Cruise in a couple times a year

1 - 14 of 14 Posts