Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking and man that can be BAD news!!!!
Why do the SSRs use that ugle plastic engine cover and not something like is on the LS2 vette. I guess they are called fuel rail covers on the vette, but they sure look better than ours. Is there a reason we could not retro fit these to our trucks???
Just wondering...idle minds want to know!!!!:lurk

·
Chevrolet Nut
1,420 Posts
The covers on the Vette has a different intake manifold, the SSr manifold sits up more and if you take the cover off you would have to move some cables around to get it to look right. I have pulled the cover off and painted mine Ultra Violet to match the trucks color.

autodan ( Dan and Phyllis)

·
it's 5 o'clock somewhere!
16,301 Posts
hi autodan. I just did the same with my engine cover, it sure looks good now with the silver insert. I still have a bit of hand brushing to do on my cover to give it a real retro look, but the local artist I want to use just had neck nerve/muscle surgery so it could be a few more weeks. Will post a picture when I get it all back together. One things for sure, I like the look of our cover better than the one on the LS2.

:ssr

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
autodan said:
The covers on the Vette has a different intake manifold, the SSr manifold sits up more and if you take the cover off you would have to move some cables around to get it to look right. I have pulled the cover off and painted mine Ultra Violet to match the trucks color.

autodan ( Dan and Phyllis)
Dan I failed to mention that mine is a 05 SSR...therefore aren't the intakes the same??? I thought a LS2 is a LS2 regardless of vehicle it's in.???
What did you use to paint your cover???:seeya

·
it's 5 o'clock somewhere!
16,301 Posts
Hi srpbaer. :cool I took my cover (and paint code) into a body shop and they did it for me.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
The LS2 intake in the SSR and now the Trailblazer SS are the raised runner truck style intake. The LS2 intake in the C6 and GTO are the lower profile style. The accessory drive is different between the intakes so you can not exchange intakes without exchanging all of the accessories and the serpentine system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts