Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 04 Velocity yellow SSR a year ago from my 89 year old uncle to go along with my Velocity yellow C6 Corvette.

I live in Texas and have plenty of beautiful weather to drive my SSR around town. have been to a few car shows.
My wife and dog go along for the rides. I am hoping to learn more about the SSR from the forum.

·
Premium Member
25,534 Posts
Welcome from Canada! :cheers

Congrats on your new SSR :yellow: :thumbs

enjoy the permagrin!

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
Georgia SSRers
914 Posts
really

And one thing to learn ya... Your yellow is called slingshot yellow... Now you have one less thing to learn. ( Oh and redline reds are faster... Hee hee)
Hee hee, indeed.
actually yeller is a TAXI CAB and RED is a NOSE BLEED ! (a TAXI with YELLER flames is TOTALLY mixed up !
THE CLASSIEST COLOR IS ULTRA VIOLET (royal purple)

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Bought my 04 Velocity yellow SSR a year ago from my 89 year old uncle to go along with my Velocity yellow C6 Corvette.

I live in Texas and have plenty of beautiful weather to drive my SSR around town. have been to a few car shows.
My wife and dog go along for the rides. I am hoping to learn more about the SSR from the forum.
What part of Texas do you drive your SSR? We have several groups in Texas that get together on a monthly bases.

:blue:

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Welcome to the Group, From Friendswood, Texas. What part of Texas are you located ? There are several Groups in the State where You can meet other Fanatics and enjoy get togethers and even learn more about Your R.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
36,982 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!!! :00000732:

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
7,701 Posts
Howdy Tom, from Houston. Hope we get to meet real soon. :smile2:

■□■ - Congrats on your new acquisition!! :banana

===============
David :black:
2019-01-12-17-58-26--2040089752.jpeg - And don't be a stranger! :thumbs

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
Thanks for the color correction.
Different names for the same color seems to be a GM tradition. Corvette's Torch Red is Redline Red on an SSR. Ultra Violet on an SSR is Radar Blue elsewhere. Ricochet Silver becomes Tarnished Silver.

Aqua Blur is shared with full sized pickups/SUVs, but I can't remember the color name on the pickups.

Welcome to the SSR community. This is a very helpful and resourceful group.

Thanks for becoming a Supporting Member. If you plan on being here for a while, a Lifetime membership is a great deal. You pay for 4 years, the rest is free.

·
Ret. Air Force
3,645 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the family from Middle Georgia!!
Congrats on your purchase and don't worry about what color you want to call it...
...we Ricochet Silver's will call it much worse names!!! :laugh:

I mean just listen to @oldfred driving "The Grape", talking bad about @Firetruck...
...who btw, thinks it's sexy to put "Mustard and Ketchup" on his R!! (Yuck) :puke:

You have some GREAT owners there in Texas, hope you get to meet a bunch of them soon and they talk you into coming to Branson MO!!

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Corvetteron, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! Like all the other TEXANS asked, where? You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out. Oh----nice to see your "Supporting Member" Badge

Nick & Kathy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
21 Participants
Johnny B
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing