Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SSR Enthusiast
2004 Chevrolet SSR #10111 Ricochet Silver
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my running boards off of my 2004 Silver SSR and i’m considering offering them up for sale or trade for parts that I would like. My question is how much has it run you guys to ship the boards? They are heavier than I thought so shipping will probably cost some $$. What shippers have you used in the past? Any information is appreciated.
If I do part with them, I’ll look to trade for a windscreen and/or some hard saddle bags.

Thanks.

Brian :silver:

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
shipping cost for boards

I removed my running boards off of my 2004 Silver SSR and i’m considering offering them up for sale or trade for parts that I would like. My question is how much has it run you guys to ship the boards? They are heavier than I thought so shipping will probably cost some $$. What shippers have you used in the past? Any information is appreciated.
If I do part with them, I’ll look to trade for a windscreen and/or some hard saddle bags.

Thanks.

Brian :silver:
I baught a set with brackets and bolts 2 years ago. Had shipped from Ohio to Wisconsin. UPS wanted $125. I used USPS, if it fits it ships. Boards in 1 box, $60,brackets and bolts another package, $25. I'm sure cost has gone up, but USPS is usually quite a it less then UPS.

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
:|

Just over a month ago or so, I shipped my old stock boards about half way across the country to Kansas. I used UPS and as I recall, it was not too much more than stated above via USPS.

But I did do my own packaging up cause I had some significantly long cardboard cartons from another shipment to me.

So, I used that for the boards and the brackets went in another smaller box.:smile2:

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
And everything got here just fine.:grin2:

·
Tech Support/Research
1,740 Posts
Shipping Running Boards

One suggested method:

Wrap both boards together with black sides facing using shrink wrap. Pad the ends with foam. Go to an electrical supply store and ask for a couple of empty cases that are used to package fluorescent lights, or buy a triangular shipping box from FedEx and use either of those as the outer container. Ship the attachment bolts and brackets separately in a "Large" USPS priority flat rate box (12"x12"x5-1/2").

A pair of boards together, less brackets and bolts, weighs about 32 pounds.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I take the brackets off, put some 1/4 foam on the boards and then roll one in cardboard, then add the second one. After a couple layers I add the brackets, then a couple more rolls. Tape the **** out of it. I leave about 3 inches on either end that I stuff with padding then tape up tight. Shipped a like new set to HI with no damage. Bet I could ship a few states away for 60.00

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,753 Posts
I got mine shipped in 2 boxes through USPS. Also check with Gray Hound, oldxr has used that method for running boards before with good success.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts