Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a cover for their 2005 SSR and if so what is the best one if the vehicle is going to have to be stored outside for the winter?

Thanks

Jim :confused

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,205 Posts
No cover outside

I don't cover my vehicles if they sit outside over the winter. Up here in Wisconsin we get some pretty harsh winds that will tear upa cover and the finish on the vehicle.

My suggestion is to put some good wax/polish on it that will last the few months you plan on storeing it. It's up to you as to which oneyou trust more, because this past year many of them have upgraded their products to work better and easier tthan they have in the past.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Car Port

If you have the room here in MI a lot of people that don't have a garage use these car ports that can be purchased at Sams Club or Cosco. They with stand the winds and cold temps very well. Below is a link. I know they also sell a larger on for $199.00. I could not find it on the site. Both come with complete sides. Check it out it may help.

http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_...2:-43702:-43793:-44186:-44196:698315&fid=1S12

·
Registered
110 Posts
We use a Californa Car Cover we had for something in the past (too many to remember..hah!), only problem is it sorta fogs up the glass with some sort of emission over time-wipes off, you just notice it when you're out in the bright sunshine. Ours lives on the Washington coast where it's damp, but the garage is insulated and most temperatures are moderate throughout the winter.

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
That is the material starting to break down. Usually when it does this it means it is time for a new one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
cover

I have and use the GM cover. It is a little heavy, but the inner side is very soft and it fits like a glove.

RGL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts