Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this was important enough to bring to the General Forum. The photos are of PTeazer's SSR/Sweet Suede Roadster. Some of you have asked for these parts so...

I have been talking to Krystal @ PTeazer, she states that they made the mods in house and her guy, Ray, would need an SSR owner to loan his/her ride to make new parts. Anyone in the area care to take this on? I offered my grill bar, have taken the 1st steps with this company, but am too far away to offer any more direct assistance.

They did not make molds or plugs when they did this SSR. Notice the entire lower front fascia is now one piece, no marker or turn signals and the lower grill bars are shorter. The fender to front fascia seam is gone, new mesh grill, no hood emblem opens the air box up to direct air intake.

These folks have done some good things to the PT Cruiser and the HHR but they do not think that there is enough SSR market to warrant full production. We need to let them know otherwise. Crazytr53 your message was passed along. I hope this helps and sparks more interest. I let them know about the forums 3,300 members & growing everyday & the 21,000 SSR's still out there.

They are willing to make the top Chevron grille bar without the bowtie and the cowl induction hood. I know alot of us are interested in those mods. So someone please, contact them if you live in the area. It only takes one of you to make a difference!

Here's a link to their address and a map of Huntington Beach, CA http://www.pteazer.com/map.html

Attachments

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Very impressed with the smooth flowing simple look. Great color as well. Must have a stealth license plate on the rear. Could go for one of those hoods.

P/P

Peace:flag

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Hb

Well, I live within walking distance.

I'm not crazy about the hood though. Any contacts there or should I just show up at the door???

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Take some crispy creams with you and see Krystal nothing better than to get on her sweet side :) :) :)

·
11,997 Posts
I'll try to go there tomorrow to see what's up. Unfortunately I'll be waiting on the city inspector for a buyoff on rough electrical work before I can go. No idea what time that would be..

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Make it a payoff that would be quicker :glol :glol :glol

·
11,997 Posts
Yeah - just what I need HBPD also. And another payoff for the final. This remodel is getting more expensive all the time:glol

·
11,997 Posts
Visit

Went there his afternoon and had a chat with Krystal. Of course she told me the guy to talk to is Ray and he had just left - my luck is back:eek :rolleyes:
I'll stop in next week to see him.

Fanatics homework assignment is to come up with a list of what pieces we want and what mods they should have. One of the coolest things that they do is they have the capability to make parts out of urethane. Can you say front fascia or chin spoiler that will bend instead of splinter.
My interests would be along the lines of revised front and rear fascias.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Front Air cowl...

I would be interested in seeing if they can make a front air cowl... would like to remove the satin Chevy piece and cut out the metal behind it to create an opening directly into the air box, and use the cowl around the opening similar to the one in the picture below.

Attachments

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
My Two Cents List

hdflstf said:
Fanatics homework assignment is to come up with a list of what pieces we want and what mods they should have. One of the coolest things that they do is they have the capability to make parts out of urethane. Can you say front fascia or chin spoiler that will bend instead of splinter.
My interests would be along the lines of revised front and rear fascias.
The list::)

1 choice of cowl induction hood or vented hood..:smash got to get that heat out!

2 front chin spoiler..:smash got to get that cold air in !

3 one piece running boards choice of solid or with side pipe exits.. I'm :cry for side pipes!

4 choice of solid rear fascias or center pipes..:glol got to cover my a$$ right!

Anybody else with some ideas ??????

Parts out of urethane that's cool instant weight lost for our babies....

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's my shopping list for PTeazer;

Have them step in a produce what everyone wants from Axiom. The grille bars!

Rear fascia smoothed out, exhaust cut outs eliminated, 4 pipe center mount, whateva! Relocate your license plate to a flip down or French it into the tailgate, Ol'Skool Hot Rod style, your choice, to each his own, but at least have the options.

Smooth running boards with & w/out exhaust holes.

Chevron bar without a bowtie & some kind of Hood.

A re-designed, urethane front fascia, they've already done it, look at the Show truck.

A Chrome Beltline kit, again look at the show truck, they make 'em for the HHR.

Sorry I said the "A" word!

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,827 Posts

Chevron bar without a bowtie ,,, it will save having to cut and fill one.

·
11,997 Posts
PTeaser Visit Today

Went there today, Ray was not there. They say he'll be in tomorrow. So I'll go back tomorrow.

One thought for the rear with the center exhaust - if you are wanting to use the tow hitch it could present a problem. At least it looks that way. We'll see what Ray says tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Big Mahalo to you for taking the time to pursue this! This is going to be great for all of us if PTeazer & ASC (finally) help us out. Good Job!

·
Registered
192 Posts
hdflstf-

Say HI to Ray for me while you are at PTeazers. If you haven't seen his flame work, ask him to show you some pictures.

I purchased my SSR, a silver 6spd, just like yours from him last year with about 100 miles on it, let him know I am really enjoying it.

Doug

·
11,997 Posts
Paid them a visit today. Ray is out sick today. I'll try next week.

I was thinking about that center exhaust and had an idea. If we used the four tip setup off the new Z06 we could have the four tips in the center with enough room for the tow hitch. Hmmm.

·
11,997 Posts
Talked with Ray

I saw Ray yesterday. First the 'bad' news. The problem with the SSR, as we all know, is the low production volume meaning getting enough parts sales to make it worthwhile for his business is a tough sell.

He is willing to entertain various ideas for parts and if ther is enough demand he will make things. Here's what we talked about and the results. Keep in mind this is preliminary but I wanted to get a read from the community at large.

Cowl hood. He has the mold for the cowl and can make the cowl scoop part, install, finish and paint. In the neighborhood of $1800 to $2000 without the hood. Hood would probably be an exchange basis but that has not been worked out - just a thought for now. Could also put holes in the hood under the cowl scoop to make it functional.

Chin Spoiler. Design similar to the Nascar ones. About $500 and it would be fiberglass. Touch briefly on urethane but it sound like a problem for that part and it would get more expensive.

Front and Rear bumpers. We spent most of our time talking about the rear. He got a little excied about that one. Looking in the neighborhood of $1000 or so. It would be fiberglass and what we came up with is so cool I may find a way to get it made - some day. The license plate/backup light assembly would still fit but be raised up about 1 to 1.5 inches and not be recessed so much. The lower portion would be extended an inch or two. The two exhaust cutouts closed and an area in the center opened for the four tips similar to the show truck. The change is to make it a but wider and use the newer Corvette tip setup. This would allow us to still install the tow hitch and use it. I think we can do this bt we would need 30 to 40 people committed to doing this to be able to make it happen.

I plan to talk with Ray again once I get more input from the Fanatics.

·
11,997 Posts
Forget One

He also can make the spoiler/lip that goes around the bed portion of the truck. Fiberglass in the neighborhood of $500 and it woould need to be molded in and painted. You can kind of see it in the pictures.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts