Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,362 Posts
I think my question might be "how is that frt. plate attached"?!?!!

:surprise:

================
David :black:
images-9.jpeg

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I used 1 1/2 dry wall screws to mount mine. But it is mounted on the wall above my work bench. My truck did not have a front plate bracket so I left it off. So far no issues. Of course now that I have said something I will get pulled over the next time I drive it.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I believe in some states running two different plates is illegal I'd be worried about getting pulled over, but ya never know till you try.

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
I think my question might be "how is that frt. plate attached"?!?!!

:surprise:

================
David :black:
View attachment 519602
With 3M Double Stick Tape and 2 Screws. Didn't trust the Double Stick Tape so I put 2 screws in the lower part of the fender. The Bracket is a 55 Chevy Trunk License Plate holder. So now I got a 55 Chevy Hood Emblem on my tailgate and the 55 Chevy license plate bracket on the front.

tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
The SSR vanity plate used to be on rogerdoger's 03 Slingshot Yellow SSR. I saw it when roger attended the 2015 SSR International Rally in Springfield, Illinois. Teased him and/or joked with him I was going to steal it, so he eventually gave to me for being a gracious host ... Thank You again rogerdoger. By the way I am an Illinois veteran ... went in the Army while living in Springfield, Illinois, in 1963.

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
I believe in some states running two different plates is illegal I'd be worried about getting pulled over, but ya never know till you try.
Hey "haze" I even ran it on the back for 2 or 3 months till a Deputy Sheriff saw me out at Bud's Tire. "Bob what in the "H" kind of license plate have got on your truck?" "It's an Illinois Veterans Vanity Plate a friend of mine had on his SSR in Illinois, and since my truck is an SSR too, I think it looks neat, besides my Tennessee plate is behind my seat" "Well what in the "H" is it doing there?" I said "I like my SSR plate, besides I got my legal one in the cab" Deputy "Well I don't, get it off Bob, you know better than that ... it's illegal"

I laughed at first then I realized my Deputy friend was serious. End of conversation. The plate became a fixture in my garage and G.B.T USA got put back on quickly. Glad I was at Bud's Tire and here was Bud hollering from the garage area "cuff him and take him to jail ... he an unregistered sex offender"

G.B.T. USA = God Bless The USA tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
looks great
Thank you Steve "sbubbaklein" It's just something different I came up with since rogerdoger sent me the plate. It's not for everybody and probably 90% of the SSRfanatics would disagree with me, especially since I drilled 2 holes in the fender to secure it. You know not everybody agreed with Jesus either. Again Thank You. Hope to see you and Betty in September. Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts