Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took pictures of Tn Cozy Dogs newly installed front plate. The question is, Is he under the witness protection plan since he has Tenn. on the back and Ill. on the front. Explain Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur, top secret can't say anything about another one
7,064 Posts
I used 1 1/2 dry wall screws to mount mine. But it is mounted on the wall above my work bench. My truck did not have a front plate bracket so I left it off. So far no issues. Of course now that I have said something I will get pulled over the next time I drive it.

·
Premium Member
7,998 Posts
I think my question might be "how is that frt. plate attached"?!?!!

:surprise:

================
David :black:
View attachment 519602
With 3M Double Stick Tape and 2 Screws. Didn't trust the Double Stick Tape so I put 2 screws in the lower part of the fender. The Bracket is a 55 Chevy Trunk License Plate holder. So now I got a 55 Chevy Hood Emblem on my tailgate and the 55 Chevy license plate bracket on the front.

tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
7,998 Posts
The SSR vanity plate used to be on rogerdoger's 03 Slingshot Yellow SSR. I saw it when roger attended the 2015 SSR International Rally in Springfield, Illinois. Teased him and/or joked with him I was going to steal it, so he eventually gave to me for being a gracious host ... Thank You again rogerdoger. By the way I am an Illinois veteran ... went in the Army while living in Springfield, Illinois, in 1963.

·
Premium Member
7,998 Posts
I believe in some states running two different plates is illegal I'd be worried about getting pulled over, but ya never know till you try.
Hey "haze" I even ran it on the back for 2 or 3 months till a Deputy Sheriff saw me out at Bud's Tire. "Bob what in the "H" kind of license plate have got on your truck?" "It's an Illinois Veterans Vanity Plate a friend of mine had on his SSR in Illinois, and since my truck is an SSR too, I think it looks neat, besides my Tennessee plate is behind my seat" "Well what in the "H" is it doing there?" I said "I like my SSR plate, besides I got my legal one in the cab" Deputy "Well I don't, get it off Bob, you know better than that ... it's illegal"

I laughed at first then I realized my Deputy friend was serious. End of conversation. The plate became a fixture in my garage and G.B.T USA got put back on quickly. Glad I was at Bud's Tire and here was Bud hollering from the garage area "cuff him and take him to jail ... he an unregistered sex offender"

G.B.T. USA = God Bless The USA tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
7,998 Posts
looks great
Thank you Steve "sbubbaklein" It's just something different I came up with since rogerdoger sent me the plate. It's not for everybody and probably 90% of the SSRfanatics would disagree with me, especially since I drilled 2 holes in the fender to secure it. You know not everybody agreed with Jesus either. Again Thank You. Hope to see you and Betty in September. Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.