Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds like I may be lost and that is possibly true. Do our '05 SSR's have a PCV valve or a fuel filter? I have searched this forum and the owner's manual and have come up empty handed. Would appreciate being enlightened.

Many thanks in advance. Gib

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is not a fuel filter on the 2005-2006. (2003-2004 SSR's do have a fuel filter.)
There is a PVC system, but, to the best of my knowledge, there is not a need to replace a PCV valve.
Thanks, Jim. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
There is not a fuel filter on the 2005-2006. (2003-2004 SSR's do have a fuel filter.)
There is a PVC system, but, to the best of my knowledge, there is not a need to replace a PCV valve.
Where the PCV valve use to go in the valve cover is now a orifice that is non-replaceable, unless you replace the valve cover assembly. You can take carb cleaner and spray through it to help clean it out if it becomes clogged.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where the PCV valve use to go in the valve cover is now a orifice that is non-replaceable, unless you replace the valve cover assembly. You can take carb cleaner and spray through it to help clean it out if it becomes clogged.

Thanks, 06 Blue. I will check out the orifice. Much appreciated. Gib

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Since you have an 05 you may be interesed in this.

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f5/oil-consumption-fix-34773/
Thanks, stevenbr. I read the threads and am saving them as .pdf files. Gib
The attempted fix by moving the PCV from the left valve cover to the valley cover won't work. The Corvette and GTO both use this location for their PCV systems and they still have issues with oil in the intake. The only way to stop this is to use a catch can in the PCV line. I have one on both my R and 06 GTO and both have about a inch of oil in them after 5k miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts