Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cruise will hold a few minutes and then go off. The set, cancel, increase functions work.
My guess is a crack or loose seal in a vacuum line. ( uhmm-is this all electronic now days?)

What have others experienced? I did a search, this doesn't seem to be a frequent occurrence.

I was driving the truck from NC to GA about 7 hours. It worked flawlessly the first 5 hours or so. Then it would occasionally drop. Later it would only hold a few minutes. So now, it doesn't get turned on.

Hopefully, I can replace an easy to reach vacuum line and all will be good as new (or better)>:):smile2:

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,264 Posts
Check the brake light switch at the brake pedal, if it is cracked or mis adjusted it will cause the cruise to drop off.

Are you running leds in the brake lights with the led load resistor? It too might be an issue.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the brake light switch at the brake pedal, if it is cracked or mis adjusted it will cause the cruise to drop off.

Are you running leds in the brake lights with the led load resistor? It too might be an issue.
Thanks, will check the switch.

I did find a thread about LED's and a flasher? I think, but I have no LEDs in light replacements. Just some added like footwell etc.

Sounds like a good start. Maybe that's it.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay, sounds more like the switch. Cruise actually functions and responds, just drops connection.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Brake switch mis-adjustment will cause it to drop.. if its a manual, then the switch on the clutch will also affect it. I had the clutch spring break several times and then the pedal doesn't return all the way and the cruise will drop or not engage.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked the switch on the brake pedal, didn't get a good visual. I may have to use my phone and take some pics. I did check it by hand , and make sure the connection was seated.
I drove it a little and it worked.
Maybe when I was working on the ignition switch, I loosened something.
Next trip will be down to Daytona. If I don't discover by then, that'll be a good test.
Thanks again for the input.

Glad I didn't waste time checking the vacuum lines.>:):grin2:

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I reached down there and pushed things to make them tight. Couldn't really tell is it was loose.
Heavy traffic from Savannah to Daytona Beach and back, but when I could use it, it never failed.

I probably hit it when the cover under the steering wheel popped free when I was replacing a switch.

Thanks, one of the easiest fixes yet.:grin2::wink2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts