Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I replaced the multi-switch and it still does not work.Did a search and have checked the brake switch and it seems to shutting off completely. Where else can I look? I can't find a dedicated fuse for it.Wonder where it is tied in for power? Thanks again,Dave

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes sir,I saw where the mutiny switch turns signals are grouded,but nothing says cruise control. Just multi switch turn signals.maybe that's where it is? I'm no electrical guy. I can't lay and look up in there. I get vertigo really bad and don't want to puke on the carpet. Guess I'll take it to a mechanic friend of mine to checkout. Thanks Dictator.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Have you had some one stand behind the truck and see if the brake lights are working? I had this problem on my 2010 Colorado, replaced the brake light switch and then the cruise control worked.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well I replaced the multi-switch and it still does not work.Did a search and have checked the brake switch and it seems to shutting off completely. Where else can I look? I can't find a dedicated fuse for it.Wonder where it is tied in for power? Thanks again,Dave

Would be good to get some background when you start a new thread like this .... I take it this problem was before the LED brake light installation?

If the tilt wheel is causing issues with intermittent cruise control (as you previously stated) then most likely you have issues with the steering wheel column wiring and not the multi switch. Take off the top and bottom steering wheel covers, check the cables as well as the connector and pins within to insure good continuity and connection. Upwards on the wheel causes a little more stress on the wires so this might be just enough to loose continuity on the CC control wires.

If this is not an intermittent problem with the steering wheel tilt position please update as to exactly what the problem is.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was before the led lights went in. It worked fine. Went on a trip to Texas and it quit on the way back. No problems at all. I did get it to work by moving the tilt once.I touched the brakes to slow down and it hasn't worked since..The wiring wasn't pulled tight at all in the steering column. All plugs seemed tight and plugs seated in just fine. I haven't checked the ground under the dash yet. I can't lay down and look up.TIA,Dave

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had a similar problem with one of my Resto-mods, after installation of LED brake lights with Electronic Cruise control. The LED's act as a Capacitor, holding just enough residual voltage to "appear" to the cruise control that the brake is still on. Easy to test- just replace one of the brake LED's with the stock bulb. The stock bulb acts as a resistor, to pull down any remaining voltage. If this fixes it, then I can give you more details on a permament fix while still using your new LED's.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well a buddy came by and he checked the ground down under the dash by the radio. All works great now. He cleaned the area and tightened it down. 3rd grounding problem I have had in 2 months.

Reactions: ssr ss 20

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,483 Posts
Arn't buddys Great!?!

Nick

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,457 Posts
Well a buddy came by and he checked the ground down under the dash by the radio. All works great now. He cleaned the area and tightened it down. 3rd grounding problem I have had in 2 months.
not bad for a truck that is 14 years old. Keep on truckin'.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Arn't buddys Great!?!
no doubt. I can't lay and look up.Makes me dizzy and sick to my stomach. I've been that way for 40 years. I can't even do a oil filter except on my Ram 3500 dually.I take it off from the top and it sets up high enough I can lay on my side to drain the oil. It really sucks too,because I like to wrench on things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts