Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
High Plains Roadster
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past several weeks, in Cheyenne Wyoming, on Saturday night beginning at 7 pm, there has been a "revival" of what apparently used to be a tradition to "cruise" around the main thoroughfares of the city in your fancy (or not-so-fancy) ride so you could wave to your friends and make with other gestures to your enemies.

This revival was spontaneous and not at all organized but was started to help relieve the Wuhan boredom. It has grown to include hundreds of vehicles of all sorts ---- old, new, junk, elegant, fast, slow, barely running, you name it.

A person stands on a particular corner and will accept donations for a particular local charity that changes each week. A certain young lady takes photos of the vehicles passing by and some of the folks who hang around watching and posts them on Facebook.

This last Saturday, my wife and I drove our SSR along the route and had our photo taken (below). To make sure our photo would be posted, I put my hand in front of my face when we passed by.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Around my area some would cruise to impress the girls and others were out to make some money street racing. All I will say is I did not do much dating in my younger years. o_O

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
I wasn't quite as "stylin" as a t-bird. I had a 15 year old hand-me-down 4 door 1955 Buick Roadmaster. Talk about a tank!
I have a 56 Buick Special. 2 door sedan. My grandpa bought it new.

At 15 I had a '53 Ford pickup and a '55 Ford Club Coupe. We would drive the car to school, the pickup to check cattle and a 360 Yamaha for irrigating. I could drive to school at 14 because we lived outside the high school district. I bought the '55 Bird at 16 before I went to college the next fall. Someday it should be a barn find for someone.

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts