Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're ready to cruise to Payson! Nice scenery, and Famous Sam's offers a cruise site for Sunday afternoons, 1pm, 2nd Sunday of the month - in this case March 12. Plan to meet somewhere near Country Club & 87 around 11-11:30 a.m., cruise up the hill for a sandwich and a cool one. Whaddayathink?:jester

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
WOW are you really from Payson, Arizona? I spent about a month of living hell there just recently when I evacuated from Hurricane Katrina! Lovely town, nice people...but my vehicle was sabotaged by a Napa Car Care Center while I was there. I was having my engine rebuilt, and because the indian tribe helped me with some of the repairs...well, the shop blatantly was anti-minority (had a sign in the office) and I apparently was punished. (I know this all sounds VERY far fetched however I have documented proof and have been taking it up with NAPA who states, "All our shops are independent and we have nothing to do with them".) Wished my experience there could have been better! Cost me another month of repairs throughout Arizona and Utah until I finally got everything that they sabotaged fixed (for nearly $7000 total) and I made it back east. Good to find nice people from that area! :)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, not from Payson

We live in Litchfield Park (far west from Phoenix in the Valley of the Sun). Have been to Payson many times, and for the most part people there are good folks. Sorry to hear of your experience with the NAPA store there. Not everyone in Arizona is a racist or bigot, and not every auto parts store is out to rip you off. If you get a chance to come back to our sunny climate, please PM or call, and we (and some of the other SSR owners in the Valley) will be glad to show you what Arizona hospitality is all about! :seeya

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Thanks for your nice welcome!

I didn't mean to imply with my post that Arizonians (LOL is that a word?) or car repair shops are racist, bigots, or out to rip you off, and I don't have that impression. I just ran into a few bad examples in Payson.

I LOVE Arizona, and was thinking of relocating there at the time. However, my experiences there (whether unfair or not) definitely changed my desires. I truly wish they hadn't...I had a bad experience at both Chapman Dodge in Payson as well as Chapman in Phoenix trying to get some of the problems caused intentionally at NAPA in Payson fixed. No offense to anyone else in Arizona, car repair businesses there, or other NAPA outfits...

I don't have an SSR yet...but I am looking to find the right one for me. You can trust that I will be passing through Arizona again pulling my Scamp travel trailer. I'll be sure to look you up! The ride from Phoenix to Payson is amazing.

Thanks again! :)

:grouphug

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Who else will join us? 3/12

fourhounds said:
Great top down weather
blueyes Frank n Connie
c1trob Rob n Sharon
fourhounds Paul n Doris
azblonde Susan n
wilddesertwolf Hank n
a noobie Steve H. n
Stan W.

I :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Payson

PAYSON RUN 3/12
c1trob Rob n Sharon
fourhounds Paul n Doris
azblonde Susan n
wilddesertwolf Hank n
a noobie Steve H. n
Stan W.
Don Stanley
ssrpar Joe n Meg

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Meet times

A couple of spots sound good for meeting if we want.

McDowell Rd & AZ 87 at 10:30 - 11AM

AZ 87 & Saugauro Lake Turn Off 11:30AM

Sunday March 12th.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rain date?

We may need to consider a rain date?!? Spoke with the folks at Famous Sam's in Payson - They provide cones to block off parking for car clubs, offer a 20% discount on meals, and all they ask is we give them a little notice as to how many we think may come up. Told him 8-10 SSR's, maybe 15-20 folks, depending on weather. We're not restricted to only the second Sunday of the month, so if it snows in Scottsdale:eek , we can always go the following weekend! :jester

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Only If

C1Trob said:
We would need to take "chains" right? :jester
they're platinum, tastefully worn, and not flashed to anyone outside Scottsdale City Limits!:reddevil

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Payson Run

Possible postponement may be in order here. :banghead
We'll have to be in contact with each other on Saturday to know for sure.
Please watch the weather reports.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No Payson Run 3/12/06

With 15"+ of snow forecast for the Payson area Saturday through Sunday a.m., the Payson run is cancelled - at least for me. C1TRob & fourhounds are planning a breakfast meet in Tempe for those interested.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts