Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I do..if fact I'm thankful mine (bought used) has a few blemishes already..No Showqueen here...I know some owners are almost obsessed with cleaning, detailing and multiple accessory additions.. Actually my recently traded '03 T'Bird suffered that fate (didn't drive it most times for fear of getting it dirty)..
Here's the scoop on my current "driver"...My Redline '05 SSR is pretty basic, but I like it that way.. The chrome wheels on a red truck are a little over the top for me, (GF says my coated wheels match the door handles nicely).. I sure didn't need bed carpet and showtime strips as mine see's lots of duty hauling my musical gear (along with my cruising chores of course)..Running boards are missing too, but to me the look of the SSR is way cooler and cleaner without them.. The curves of the body just jump out without 'em...Gauges..?? NAW rather have an ashtray that opens how it's s'posed to..(don't care what the temp in China is anyway)...OK, I confess I bought a racy red steering wheel cover and a couple rubber mats. Anyway thankfully I'm not scared to drive this thing.like my 'Bird.. Looking forward to MANY dusty miles here in Vegas..Cheers to ALL drive 'em or not..:seeya

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
Mine is a daily driver. If I need to go someplace and it's raining, too bad. It gets wet. I keep it pretty clean, but there are times that it is not spotless. I bought it to enjoy, not to park in the garage and look at. Looking forward to meeting you at the Tri-State Run.

·
Registered
487 Posts
CashSax said:
Looking forward to MANY dusty miles here in Vegas..Cheers to ALL drive 'em or not..:seeya
I drive mine all the time.

I had a detailer out here weekly for a while, but he has disappeared...:banghead The rain washed it the other day. It really needs to be waxed.....

No mechanical mods yet...I’m still having too much fun stock....I did add a WindsupreSSR – WOW what a difference...

Can’t put it in the garage....still working on the New Year’s Resolution. :willy:

Driving to dinner in Arizona Tomorrow.......Nevada at the end of the month. YES! Give me dusty miles!:flag

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right On..I knew I wasn't alone..!:glol Looking forward to meeting everyone in Laughlin..How about the "dirtiest" prize..:rolleyes: ..alright enough already I know..:eek damned accessories anyway, so what..!!! OK I want a Chrome grill on mine someday.:cry

·
Registered
96 Posts
Daily Driver.... I can't spend enough time behind the wheel. I am trying to plan a road trip for the spring. I love watching people stare and have almost caused a few accidents due to rubbernecking...

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,107 Posts
Daily Driver - of choice

My wife and I have been married for only 5 years, We are joined at the hip and go most everywhere together. Until we bought the SSR, we put 20K mikes on a Tahoe each year and 100 miles on the POS "emergency back-up" car. That one is gone nopw and the SSR is the primary transportation. The tahoe sees use on rainy days, mall shopping days and hauling grandkids with us somewhere. I expect we will put about 16K a year on the SSR.

My biggest issue with it as a daily driver is its constant desire to run. This truck does not, I mean DOES NOT want to go the speed limit anywhere. I think there must be something wrong with the speedometer......:glol I think there must be something wrong with the traction control system too..... the indicator seems to illuminate when taking freeway transition and on-ramps......especially when there are no other vehicles around...:glol

Mike

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
When I'm behind the wheel you can bet it's in "Betsy Blue".. I don't leave home without her.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I bought mine used too and it is a daily driver....I did spend the bucks to add flames and to replace the floor mats that were missing.... Other than that, no mods...

I am very happy with my SSR and plan on keeping it for a long time.... That is saying something since I think I average at least one new car a year since I got out of college.....which is a lot longer than I want to admit....:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
It is a Daily Driver and so is my Corvette. Way would you not want it to be? I don't want someone else to have ALL this much fun so I am going to drive them and have the GRIN on my face.

Fred Christy :)
2006 Silver SSR
Longview, Texas

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Mine is or was a daily driver. I think I am getting it back tomorrow morning from the painter, then it wil sit in the garage more then be driven for the next few months while the paint cure's up. After that,.. I will be driving it alll the time. I love my little SSR.:jester

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
CashSax said:
Right On..I knew I wasn't alone..!:glol Looking forward to meeting everyone in Laughlin..How about the "dirtiest" prize..:rolleyes: ..alright enough already I know..:eek damned accessories anyway, so what..!!! OK I want a Chrome grill on mine someday.:cry

you'll have to work at it to get it dirtier than mine :jester

C

·
0 Posts
Daily Driver.....

Drive mine to work, home play.... oh yea, everywhere. Currently has 21,000 miles in less than a year. Have special program at local car wash. Take it in three or four times a week, only $60.00 a month. Clean on the outside, dirty under body.
What can I say, I love this truck.
Mike:cool
Semper Fi

·
Registered
213 Posts
I like it this way

I drive it rain or snow and wash it often at a drive thru wash that nothing touches it but water under pressure.

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Drives every day rain or shine. Also hauls things like sod, concrete blocks, tile, racing slicks, and tows my other car to race events.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Wh0 really drives them

daily driver work 66 miles round trip, about 100 miles every weekend.turned over 57,000 this week and will be 2 years old in March.:) :) :) :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm Grinnin' EVERY Day... :D

:D It was exactly 1 year ago that I picked the Beast up and brought it home and have been driving it daily since. Have 21k miles on it now... and didn't even take it on two long trips because I had to have more than 2 seats:banghead !! I have a deal at car wash $287 per year for all the full car washes I can get... it goes there at least 1.5 times a week, so stays clean. It is still stock, but will be changed in the next few years as I tinker with it and get true dual exhaust and headers... and will get it flamed in the near future too. It's my last vehicle... they will put handles on it and bury me in it.:jester

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
I don't drive mine everyday, I'd like to but I want to keep the miles low for a while. Never seen a drop of rain since I bought it ,probably did at at the dealer.
I keep it mainly as just a toy:seeya

·
A Little BIG JIM
3,351 Posts
hdflstf said:
Drives every day rain or shine. Also hauls things like sod, concrete blocks, tile, racing slicks, and tows my other car to race events.

OH MY GOD ! Whats wrong with you you should have bought a TRUCK!
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

1 - 20 of 53 Posts