Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove by this dealer today on FM2978 in Magnolia, TX. Looks like originally a Slingshot with custom burgundy lower. Not an attractive combo IMO. Has some interesting mods like shaved door handles, exhaust and hood.
Anyone ever seen this truck?
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=473158190&zip=77316&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=77316&startYear=1981&sortBy=relevance&firstRecord=0&endYear=2019&modelCodeList=SSR&makeCodeList=CHEV&searchRadius=50&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2019&modelCodeList=SSR&makeCodeList=CHEV&searchRadius=50

·
Premium Member
5,653 Posts
Definitely, different paint combo, and pin striping. Wonder what the purpose of the scoops on the front fenders are for. Also no pictures of under hood. Would be nice to have for one of a kind.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,874 Posts
Nice looking and nice starting price. Should sell easily.

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
I've ben tracking SSR's 05 and later for a few weeks now thinking if adding one on to the stable somebody has piled some money into and is selling at a less than market price and this one pops up all over. I think it's on Ebay right now. I agree, color is absolutely different. Looks like you dropped mustard into your rootbeer at the fair. For me, it would have to be repainted or wrapped. But for someone else they might like a rootbeer SSR with a little Grey Poupon on it.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,734 Posts
It's all well and good to have a personalized vehicle but one of the (possible) big drawbacks is when you go to sell it. People may not like the looks of an otherwise nice vehicle and it'll be passed up in favor of a more generic looking vehicle. The way they do wraps these days, I'd look at getting that and down the road when you want to sell it and possibly appeal to a wider audience, it can be removed.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Looks like the hood scoop is sitting on top of the hood? Not too sure about the color scheme either. WRAP.....wash that mouth out with soap....what a vulgar thing to say....or think!����
That exhaust should of ended in a one piece....no pipe sticking out.....maybe too much exhaust filth showing up on the paint is why he poked the pipes out. That paint scheme is growing on me now....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts