Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 354 Posts

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SSR Custom Billet Aluminum Accessories for engine, interior and exterior

These are the original and highest quality billet accessories you can get that were the first engine accessories available for the SSR. Although they look like chrome, all my parts are made with solid 6061 aircraft grade aluminum polished to a high sheen but are also available with a satin finish (see picture below). I also do one off custom parts as long as I have a good template to work from, please contact for more information.

Click on the images below for expanded viewing and send me a PM (Private Message) for detailed ordering information. If you would like insurance please note that as well so I can add that to the total amount to cover damage or loss by the shipping carrier.

If you don't want the SSR truck outline or text option as a logo on any of the items I can custom mill any design you want or none at all. All parts install with 3M double stick tape, RTV, or any other method of your choosing. If noted with 3M tape it will normally arrive with it already attached.

Make sure all parts that items are attached to are clean before installation to insure good adhesion. Orders will normally arrive to you anywhere from 2-4 weeks or so after I receive payment, depending on when your order was placed. May be shorter or longer depending on work load at machinist at time of order.

1. Billet Fluid caps (5 parts - Brake, Oil, PS, Washer, Radiator, your attachment method(RTV, 3M, or just sit on top for shows)) - See below picture
2. Billet Brake Fluid Cover (with 3M tape) - See below picture
3. Billet Radiator Overflow (with 3M tape) - See below picture
4. Billet Fuse cover (with 3M tape) - See below picture
5. Billet AC fill port covers (pair) (your attachment method (RTV?)) - See below picture
6. Billet Bed Strut covers (pair) (set screw) - See below picture
7. Billet Bed strut mount covers for OEM struts (pair) (3M tape) - See below picture
8. Billet Horizontal Airbox Inserts (3 parts) (your attachment method, RTV or 3M tape) - See below picture
9. Billet Airbox top plates (pair) (with 3M tape) - See below picture
10. Billet Cold Air Intake cover (with 3M tape) - See below picture
11. Billet Air cleaner base plate (with 3M tape) - See below picture
12. Billet Hood Latch Surround Trim (with 3M tape) - See below picture
13. Billet Door Sill covers (with 3M tape) - See below picture
14. Air Vent Covers in polished or brushed finish (with 3M tape) - http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f22/new-billet-air-vent-covers-52977/
15. Under hood latch plate (with 3M tape) - See below picture
16. Exterior Door handle covers (with 3M tape) Click here ->http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f22/new-item-ssr-billet-aluminum-handle-covers-55412/
17. Dash coin/drink tray covers - set of 2 - See below picture
18. Speaker grille covers - Click here -> http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f22/ssr-billet-speaker-grille-cover-57786/
19. Aluminum shift adapter that allows T and ball style handles on automatic transmissions - Shift Adapter Link 1
and Shift Adapter Link 2
20. Hood strut covers - Same as trunk strut cover shown below in picture only larger.
21. Door Reflector Covers - For photo, see this LINK for more info.
22. Aluminum radiator expansion tank - For photo, see this LINK for more info.
23. Aluminum bed strips (9 pcs) - For photo, see this LINK for more info.
24. Aluminum bed top strips (4 pcs) - For photo, see this LINK for more info.
25. Large Hood letters - For photo, see this LINK for more info.
26. Small Tailgate letters - For photo, see this LINK for more info.
27. Custom LED emblem lighting - For photo, see this LINK for more info.
28. Custom LED Cargo Bar Lighting - For photo, see this LINK for more info.
29. Battery Box Cover - For photo, see this LINK for more info.

CLICK BELOW IMAGES FOR LARGER VIEW. May have to click a few times to see full image. First click opens image, second opens in new window, and third click is for most browsers to open image to full size in it's own window! Note - First image contains all parts available and numbered as above. Price sheet that I send to interested parties also follows same number pattern. Second is with most parts installed in engine bay and third shows a satin finish instead of the normal polished surface. Last 2 are more examples of engine bay. If you need more pictures of specific items feel free to PM me, I also do many one off items upon request.

👉 Add your location on Fanatic PINMAP and locate others
SSR Technical Resource - Good quick resource for SSR stuff
Electronic Repairs - Speedometer, brake, door latch, fuse box, stereo, etc
Custom Billet Accessories - Shift adapter, letters, satin/polished, etc

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Billet SSR Items...

:flag Mike got to have one of your new Billet Brake Reservoir Covers. I didn't know you had finished that project. Let me know how much to have Kim send:rolleyes: !!! She should still have your address from the :cool GREAT LOOKING BILLET FUSE COVER...

In fact, go ahead and put me down for the 3 other pieces you are currently working on. I don't know what the covers fit or "cover" but from the OUTSTANDING WORKMANSHIP:thumbs on your other billet pieces, I'm placing my order now... as in pre-construction...

SSRHEARTBEAT

ps: cut some hay today and will be working on it again tomorrow after a trip to the Hydraulic Presure Hose Making Store. Always something. Still want to go, still have permission, just don't know yet. Will pm later. David

·
Certified SSR "Nutcase"
1,815 Posts
Brake Fluid Reservoir Cover:

Mike:

Since I have the fluid cap covers with the smooth, not ribbed, sides, is the brake fluid reservoir available with smooth sides as well?

Alex

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Mike:

Since I have the fluid cap covers with the smooth, not ribbed, sides, is the brake fluid reservoir available with smooth sides as well?

Alex
Alex, you of all people should be able to come up with a "inexpensive BLING fix" for that:cool ...

SSRHEARTBEAT

·
Certified SSR "Nutcase"
1,815 Posts
Billet Engine Stuff:

Alex, you of all people should be able to come up with a "inexpensive BLING fix" for that:cool ...

SSRHEARTBEAT
David:

After seeing the ribbed versions of the fluid cap covers that Mike and you had, I'm almost wishing that I had those instead. But as fate would have it, Mike came out with the ribbed versions after I had already bought mine.

Some of mine cap covers fit on so snug, that I'll bet I could not get them off very easily, even if I wanted to remove them to make the change.

Alex

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can you please call me @815-483-4877 or PM me @ Dewayne65 so I can order the chrome accessories. I have a 2003 SSR smoke ashalt.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
David:

After seeing the ribbed versions of the fluid cap covers that Mike and you had, I'm almost wishing that I had those instead. But as fate would have it, Mike came out with the ribbed versions after I had already bought mine.

Some of mine cap covers fit on so snug, that I'll bet I could not get them off very easily, even if I wanted to remove them to make the change.

Alex
Alex,
Yes, you can order a smooth side version but regretfully there is no change in price. If I were you I would go ahead and get the ribbed brake cover, it adds a little extra "show" vs what I think a smooth one would and it would still look good with the smooth caps. I think you have the ribbed SSR logo fuse cover, it will match nicely. As far as removing the existing caps, I "upgraded" mine after driving around for awhile to heat up the engine, then used a small pry device (screwdriver) around the edges, the 3M tape released without issues for all of them.

·
Registered
108 Posts
the two tone alternator looks really nice!

can we get some details?

looks like the front is chromed and the back is painted black

my 2005:yellow: only has 1300 miles on it and the alternator looks terrible

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The 2 tone alternator I did myself. I polished the front half and painted the back half with black crinkle paint. I like the look and get many compliments on it at car shows.

I might do a few now and then if someone is interested, if you can do without your toy for a few days, pay shipping both ways and can pay me a little for my time, PM me and maybe we can work something out.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the info. Did you have to disassemble it?

The alt. bracket appears to be done w/ the black wrinkle?
Hi Mike,
Yes, I disassembled it for the polishing and yes there are several other parts that are coated with the wrinkle paint. I wanted to "hide" the background areas and make the painted and polished work stand out more.

:D

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Purchase Request

Mike,

I have already purchased the cap covers (w/SSR logo) from you and am very happy with the quality.

I want to order the BRAKE FLUID RESERVOIR COVER. Please let me know how to pay the $80.

Can you reveal yet the additional parts you are working on? The reason I want to know (in addition to being curious) is so that I don't buy similar items from anyone else.

Finally, when you disassembled the alternator, does the housing split "clean", or are magnets/other parts attached to either half?

Richard Williams (rdwcapt)

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mike,

I have already purchased the cap covers (w/SSR logo) from you and am very happy with the quality.

I want to order the BRAKE FLUID RESERVOIR COVER. Please let me know how to pay the $80.

Can you reveal yet the additional parts you are working on? The reason I want to know (in addition to being curious) is so that I don't buy similar items from anyone else.

Finally, when you disassembled the alternator, does the housing split "clean", or are magnets/other parts attached to either half?

Richard Williams (rdwcapt)
Hi Richard,
I will PM you my payment address again for the brake cover. The other items that I want to do are: radiator tank cover, brake booster cover and a plate for the area between the aircleaner and hood latch.

The alternator: I split the case but only took one half off, the side I polished. You can easily take everything apart but I didn't need to with what I did. If you take off the front pulley nut and pulley, then remove the 3 (I think) case screws the front plate half removes easily and leaves everything else there for easily reassembly. Then it's a matter of sandpaper, dremel tools and buffing until your happy.

:cool

1 - 20 of 354 Posts