2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,831 Posts
I really like the interior!

Reactions: soren703

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,657 Posts
They were really proud of the new front grill but I think it's a bit bulky. Like the wheels, air ride and interior though!

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,291 Posts
They were really proud of the new front grill but I think it's a bit bulky. Like the wheels, air ride and interior though!
The technology they used was pretty cool but it did not work out as planned. The top bar was too heavy and they did not use the one that they made with the scanning process. They had to lessen the weight and made one out of flat material and weld it up. That then caused another problem that the welds did not have the same color as the flat stock. I forget what I was told the solution was.

I meet one of the guys who worked on the truck and we talked about it quite a bit. I also asked about things seemed like they were kind of done on the fly. He said that is not how it works. Every detail is gone over before they start on the project and decided before the vehicle enters the shop. And finally much of the antics shown are for TV and not what really goes on every day in the shop. Stuff like tricycle racing is added for the TV viewers. The people watching shows about cars are the minority of the audience and they have to add stuff for those who are not really car people.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I don't mind the colors of the exterior and interior. But they ruined the interior when the cut the headrest off the top of the seats - imho! Also part of the cool factor is the SSR badging which is now also gone - too bad. Hope the motor transplant was worth all the money it probably cost to mod this truck that really didn't need it - imho!

·
Premium Member
2003 Chevy SSR
1,450 Posts
Some changes were goofy and some made sense. I like changing the hubs to 5-bolt - so many more options available. As many changes as I've sone to Ilsa, I don't think I'll be doing that one, though.

·
Premium Member
2,622 Posts
I watched the show, they had little good to say about the SSR and some comments were pretty rude. I don't like the wheels and think the front end is ugly!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Grill is way too bulky. Door handle mod was a total waste of time and money. I too think doing away with the seat hoops was a bad idea. And yes, their attitude about the truck was unfortunate.

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
:unsure:
I'm thinkin' many of us might have seen this one before. It showed up on my TV this morning as I was watching various car/truck show episodes.

Not crazy about the color, but love the interior and hood mods. etc.

I was going to say what's special about the interior, then(forehead slap) mine used to be charcoal. Duh.

·
Super Moderator
14,048 Posts
I have never seen this before, much to my chagrin
Not sure if there is any verbiage to go along with the pictures but I think for the most part it is quite stunning - love the interior and actually really like the exterior colour - a nice refreshing change.
The seats look great with the head rests removed - the camel colour is wonderful (I think a bit like Downshifter's - also reminds me of my Red 380 SL)
I like the wheels - close to the Budniks. As others have stated, not real keen on the grille.
No idea what the engine is

If you look at Picture #144, is that not the guy from "Bitchin Rides" or is that just a fragment of my imagination?

·
Premium Member
4,667 Posts
Kind of like the grill, looks more like a 50's truck and the work on the hood looks flawless, but mostly like the interior, just beautiful.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
I wish Kindig would do one. Why don't on of you get a solid 2005 and add $150K and get one done. I personally will chip in $10 if I can look at it.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
14,048 Posts
I love this SSR, but it isn't like I would modify Kate to this extent.
Would love to have it but a project like this requires one with miles and scabs - no sense destroying one to make another - still pissed about #309

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have never seen this before, much to my chagrin
Not sure if there is any verbiage to go along with the pictures but I think for the most part it is quite stunning - love the interior and actually really like the exterior colour - a nice refreshing change.
The seats look great with the head rests removed - the camel colour is wonderful (I think a bit like Downshifter's - also reminds me of my Red 380 SL)
I like the wheels - close to the Budniks. As others have stated, not real keen on the grille.
No idea what the engine is

If you look at Picture #144, is that not the guy from "Bitchin Rides" or is that just a fragment of my imagination?
:rolleyes: "No idea what the engine is "

When I watched the show last week, I think they said that engine/trans setup came from a Cadillac.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts