Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to have a custom set of wheels made for the SSR that look like the old Halibrand Sprint wheels or Billet Specialty Legacy with some dimpled covers and spinners. I think the look will be great with the flare toward the old. Would anyone else be interested in a set if I can get them made, the more sets I have made the cheaper it would be? They would look like the below picture in 20X10 and 18X8.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have always liked the Halibrand wheels, but I cannt get them to build a set of 20" wheels to save my life. They dont think there is enough of a market to change their tooling. I have a Street Rod Builder here local (Hot Rods & Custom Stuff) that has a company they use to build custom wheels for show vehicles. I am supposed to have a meeting over lunch some time this week to discuss making the wheels and a few other things. If I have to I will have the hubs and rotors redrilled for the standard Chevrolet 5 bolt pattern, I would rather keep the 6 and just cover it up with the center caps.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Billet Specialty wheels

2005SSR6Speed- I too really like the Halibrand look.

The Nastalgia site says the Legacy 5 lug is in the $850 range for the 20". I wonder what the cost would be for a custom builder to make a 6 lug that looks like the Legacy? even if we had a group purchase? Even at $700 or $800 per wheel, that would be a little on the high side for my wheel budget.

There is a five spoke called the Vintec that is available in the 6 bolt pattern from Billet Specialties. It is about half the cost but is not quite the Halibrand look, but close.

http://www.newstalgiawheel.com/productdetails.asp?id=3462

Doug

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took a long hard look at the Vintec but feel I would never be happy with just settleing with second best. If needed I will just have the hubs and rotors redrilled with the Chevrolet 5 bolt pattern.

·
Registered
178 Posts
They look great and love the spinners. For my buck though I think I want to go with the Colorado Custom Waverly, but I'm hoping I could get a bullet like center cap. But these look awesome. Can't remember what show SSR I've seen them on but they look very speedster.

Coz :thumbs

·
Registered
172 Posts
Dish

Hey Smokin Supercharged SSR,
Watching overhauling tonite. Foose did a '65 Thunderchicken and dropped some crome dishes on it. He said they are one of a kinds that he made for the car.
They were totaly AWESOME and I know they would look rad and retro on the SSR. I know you don't care for any of his wheels, but if you saw these you might change your mind.
Z :cool

K

·
0 Posts
I would be in on an order of the Halibrand wheels. Let me know if you guys get one together.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Zack - I have a picture of an SSR with the Chrome Reverse Dishes and think it looks great. I will have to look for that car from Foose.

Ken'sssr - I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Billitt

Have been talking to them about the Vintech.......maybe using 20" all the wayround if we can get the back spacing worked out..... :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thunderchicken

2005SSR6Speed said:
Zack - I have a picture of an SSR with the Chrome Reverse Dishes and think it looks great. I will have to look for that car from Foose.

Ken'sssr - I will keep you posted.
I checked overhaulin website... there were no photos of this episode available...perhaps next week they will post them. If your ever surfin the satallite guide the episode is called "Illegal Fowl" and it goes a little somtin like this:

Illegal Fowl

Deputy Sheriff Mike more than loves his 1965 T-Bird; it was his father's treasure and he is beyond sentimental about the ride. His wife Stephanie works as an insider for Overhaulin' as Chris, Chip and the team at ACS grab the Thunderbird and decide to make the hardtop into a roadster. It's a big job if you have a while to pull it off; it's sheer madness to try in a week. But never underestimate the drive of Foose and the A-Team.

As car work goes on, Mike is trying to track down his ride. When first obtained, Chris and company helped Mike out after the car wouldn't start (thanks to Chris and company.) Posing as tow operators, the pranksters “misplace” the precious T-Bird throughout the week, with the worst moment for Mike occurring as he is told that the car is about to be mistakenly crushed. Mike races to the crushing location, seeing a similar T-Bird ruined, thinking it is his car before matters are cleared up by pranksters Chris, A.J. and Art. Mike reaches the end of his rope just as Chip and the team finish the Ford. It's an emotional reunion for Deputy Sheriff Mike and his father's fully reinvented '65 T-Bird roadster.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts