Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need help finding Custom Wheels

I'm about to order a new '06 SSR and want to get the std wheels and after buy custom wheels. I've chk'ed many web sites and can't find any. Sugesstions?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Try Bonspeed..........They have 3 different sets for the SSR with the 19x8 ......20x10 fit for the SSR so you don't have to change tire sizes....uses the ones that come with the SSR .......And boy do they look great........A couple of the dealers for Bonspeed are Godfathers......And Summit Racing......Most of the others want to sell you 20's or 20...24.......or 18...20 combos Up to you what you like... :seeya

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tradertom said:
Try Colorado Custom or Boyd Coddington
Thx much, I'm in Tucson. I don't see many SSR's in Tucson but hear there are more in Phoenix. Yours looks very cool. I assume you did the paint custom. Thx again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whitewolf said:
Try Bonspeed..........They have 3 different sets for the SSR with the 19x8 ......20x10 fit for the SSR so you don't have to change tire sizes....uses the ones that come with the SSR .......And boy do they look great........A couple of the dealers for Bonspeed are Godfathers......And Summit Racing......Most of the others want to sell you 20's or 20...24.......or 18...20 combos Up to you what you like... :seeya
Thx, for the help. I was really hoping to utilize the factory tires. This is super, thx again.

·
Registered
110 Posts
We put on a set of Boyd's - Renegades - they look great! 19's are hard to find. Good luck. And, there is a market for the stock wheels too, thanks to the good folks at this website. :cool

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx, I haven't tried Boyd's yet the other sites so far either don't relate their product specifically to SSR's or are a work in process and I can't get to them. On all of the Chevy sites they don't give bolt pattern, spacing or setbacks and I think armed with that info this will become easier. I'll try Boyd's--thx much

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wondering if you can describe the 3 sets you mention, ie style name? The Bonspeed site refers you to US wheel and I can't get to a SSR list on this site.

thx much

·
Registered
893 Posts
Custom Wheels for SSR 19's and 20's

Sent you an e'mail with all the info.....ph # and contact..........I hope this helps..... :seeya

H

·
0 Posts
harmon

Whitewolf said:
Could you send me the information on where to get aftermarket wheels.My email address is [email protected],thanks

·
Premium Member
9,355 Posts
Note to cowculator

Do a search using either Newstalgia or Colorado Customs - it will pull up "New Wheels are On" - I posted photos and information about the wheels I recently purchased. Newstalgia will be a very helpful contact. David Coker has been great to deal with, his pricing is excellent All the required specs were posted.

Colorado will custom build several of their wheel designs - pick a hoop size and a spoke design that can handle a 6 bolt pattern, let them know required backspacing and lip design, and you have virtually a one off show polished aluminum wheel.

The wheel design I purchased was built specifically for the SSR bolt pattern - very clean, really shows off the difference in offsets and width.

Fuzzy and Mike Powell purchased 6 spoke Boyds - check their postings as well.

Ray

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
wildcat66 said:
Ok found this info at the Good Guy Hot Rod Show.......... Don't recall seeing this company mentioned here. They have several 6 bolt, 19 and 20's but I don't know the width dim. needed or if that really matters, as long as they aren't to wide.

They have nice looking wheels. www.introwheels.com

http://www.introwheels.com/w_exposed.shtml
Have a couple of buddies whose cars ( 55 Bel-Air & 63 Avanti ) have 17 inch Intro Wheels.

They look very Cool...:cool

RickSSR :cool

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wheels, Wheels, Wheels.....

I have a set of Budniks with the stock tires - Intro, Budnik, Colorado Customs, Billet Specialties - they make wheels to order - as far as I know there is no inventories - it takes 5-6 wks. I am pleased with my Budnik "Fontanas" - go on their web site and look at the photo gallery - you'll see a picture of my Lil' Truck.(Black) Hope this helps. Jeff a/k/a Tallnla

·
Registered
7 Posts
cowculator said:
I'm about to order a new '06 SSR and want to get the std wheels and after buy custom wheels. I've chk'ed many web sites and can't find any. Sugesstions?
wheels are a matter of what you like. you are going to spend about 3k for these bad boys. I myself are in the same boat as you. I'am going down tomorrow to put my hard earn cash on a set of [ budnik wheels ] gaser series fat lip directional. look them up. And yes they come in 19x8 20x10. Please get back Jeff welter

1 - 16 of 16 Posts