Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for some Torque Thrust style wheels for my Silver beauty. Have found a company that makes the old style Torque Thrust mag wheel in our sizes, with the grayed spokes, polished outer rim, but only available as a 6 spoke for a 6 lug pattern...anyone out there run across a 5 spoke Torque Thrust style that will fit our 6 lugs? The 6 spoke just does not look "right" to me. I like the
retro look offd the 5 spoke and think would look nice on Silver SSR

·
Registered
121 Posts
I doubt that you will ever see 5-spoke Torque Thrust wheels for a six bolt pattern. Check out the bolt circle area - each bolt is between two spokes. Also, all of the six lug wheels I've found are on a 5 1/2 inch bolt circle - standard GM for years. The SSR uses 6 lugs on a 5" circle.

Why GM could not stay with a standard size is beyond me. The Colorado uses the 5 1/2" circle too, so it isn't just because the SSR / Envoy / Trailblazer are newer vehicles.

Who is your manufacturer for the wheels you found?

StrokerMcGurk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Company is called www.newstalgiawheel.com...
The Torque Thrust ST is available in 6 lug. chrome or powder coated...
the 5 lug just looks so much nicer...oh well. If anyone runs across or knows of some please let me know.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
eric-mpd said:
I would change over to 5 lug hubs like Ric418cars did. Gives you a lot more options as far as wheels go.
I did not think about that option. :seeya Thanks...I will try to hook up with him to find out what he used...thanks again

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5 lug?

Tried to get in touch with Ric418cars, but aparently he is no longer part of this site...anyone else have any info about swapping to 5 lug hubs?

Thanks for any and all help
Sean

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
He is still on the site, just might take him a couple of days to get back to you. He keeps busy with all his other projects that are going on.

·
Registered
324 Posts
KMC wheels makes the SS 820 that is a five spoke that looks like the Torqs but comes in a 5 or 6 lug according to their site.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts