Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about installing a custom wood bed (like a few I have seen on this site). Any good leads on who has the best quality product? Thanks in advance.

-Fred

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,372 Posts
I am thinking about installing a custom wood bed (like a few I have seen on this site). Any good leads on who has the best quality product? Thanks in advance.

-Fred
Quite a few have made their own but SSRFather (Pete) bought ShowDeck parts from Bruce Horkey, a company in MN that resells them for many trucks. Might want to contact them and see if they have a template for the SSR or contact SSRFather and see exactly what kit he used and how he fit it in. I think Pete bought a general GM kit for large trucks and cut it to fit. Forgot our trucks don't have to worry about the wheel well so any kit should be an easy install. You can see his in the below picture. If you wanted to go around the wheel well it might take a little more work.

Home page Horkey wood and Parts

Fanatic site information page with Petes contact information and pictures - Pete posted his info in post #9
http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f22/complete-carpet-wood-bed-kit-wanted-111314/

Wished I could find pics of Howards (Bad Black SSR) truck, it is amazing as well, nice work!!!!!

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Howard and Dragon2U. Very much appreciated, and I now have enough to get started.

-Fred

·
Tech Support/Research
1,735 Posts
Teak Bed

Here is a photo of an SSR with a custom bed. This truck was for sale a couple of years ago and the photo was one included in the sale listing.

Attachments

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,372 Posts
Or ...... if you want to go really custom, here is a wood grained aluminum bed design. Aluminum base with painted (digital paint transfer) wood grain and logo of your choice imprinted on it. I have seen this vendor many times at swap meets, the look is really unique and since you can use your own image it is very custom.

Smokey Road Rod Shop

1 - 8 of 8 Posts