Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,358 Posts
Check out this Forum's great "SEARCH" feature on the toolbar at the top of the page. You'll find there has been a lot of discussion about cut-out exhaust. :smile2:

==============
David :black:
images-4.jpeg

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,356 Posts
Like Warrior said----a BUNCH of guys/gals have them!!!! Come visit more often. Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,017 Posts
Has anyone tried an electronic cut out exhaust on their 05-06 SSR LS1 6.0?
They work good like on the Corvette but some folks have just removed the muffler and welded in a straight pipe. With the big Catalytic converters it is not too loud unless you really stand on it. Like they said use the search for Exhaust systems or Cutouts. Good luck.

I went with the true duals and it made a huge difference in sound and launch torque power.

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
Has anyone tried an electronic cut out exhaust on their 05-06 SSR LS1 6.0?
:|

I'm getting close (after the Hurricane cleanup chores) to pursuing the cut outs. I've googled the sources and have identified 5 different sources that make them and they're all within about $150 of each other.........(A sixth source:crying: that I found from a response by Rasmussen....can't recall right now the "weird" name........but the pricing was waaaaaaaay beyond all the other choices.

I plan to contact my muffler shop guy this week and make sure his shop survived the flooding and (potential) further flooding and see if he has a preference among brands.:wink2:

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
I like the NoWeeds. You might want to check into that if you have not..

I have the remote mounted in the trim of my dash.

Dave
:banghead

Dave,

I'm guessing you "skimmed" my above reply. it was your (No Weeds).........which I've never heard of.......that I googled and found to be several hundred dollars more than ANY other choice for a cut out.:shades:

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
I have the QTP cutout and the remote is on my key chain.
:smile2:
That one is one on my list of 5 different brands. Think that one is oval versus round to allow slight more clearances.

Is yours bolt on/clamp on versus needing to be welded in place? Can you open them "partially" or are they strictly full on and full off.:|

·
Premium Member
2,775 Posts
Remote and mounting questions.

Yes on the bolt on. You can do either.

You can have close, half open or open.

Mine seems quit robust. I have not had any other brands on so I can't comment on that. I have knocked mine partially off on a curb. I bolted it back on with no damage to it.

I do not know about current pricing. I have had mine on for about four years, and it was about $1K put on. It was in line with ones offered by the warehouse dealers.

I can recommend, but I can't compare.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR
832 Posts
Mine is welded in place the cost was $100. You can open partially simply depress the button on remote to the desired position.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts