Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2005 6-Speed
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found these D-Rings for Toyota Tundra & Tacoma on Amazon, and thought $10.99 was really cheap for for a set of four, so I ordered them:

These look pretty much identical to the OEM (bottom right), with the same threads. Can be cut to length:
Automotive tire Gas Auto part Machine Automotive wheel system

The J-Hooks can be thrown away, but I like the concept. They are too wide to fit in the SSR channel, but I am going to experiment with shaving them down a little to see if I can use them.

Also ordered this Tundra/Tacoma cargo net for $16.99, but it hasn't arrived yet. Will make a post after it arrives and let you know if I like it or not:

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur, top secret can't say anything about another one
5,533 Posts
Great find. Thanks for posting

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
Premium Member 2004 Smokin' Asphalt
51,225 Posts
I like the extra open hook on the bottom. (y)

Reactions: richsadams

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
5,764 Posts
@MidBubSC, Thanks, be sure and let us know after you get them how they work.

Nick

·
Registered
2004 Chevrolet SSR Slingshot Yellow
96 Posts
I found these D-Rings for Toyota Tundra & Tacoma on Amazon, and thought $10.99 was really cheap for for a set of four, so I ordered them:

These look pretty much identical to the OEM (bottom right), with the same threads. Can be cut to length:
View attachment 606818

The J-Hooks can be thrown away, but I like the concept. They are too wide to fit in the SSR channel, but I am going to experiment with shaving them down a little to see if I can use them.

Also ordered this Tundra/Tacoma cargo net for $16.99, but it hasn't arrived yet. Will make a post after it arrives and let you know if I like it or not:
I bought them on eBay for my 2004 SSR and installed them on the tailgate. Looks more or less the same as the OEM D-rings. Great substitute for the "hard-to-impossible-to-find" OEM's.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur, top secret can't say anything about another one
5,533 Posts
I ordered 2 sets, one set for the Red Headed Step Child. If they work as good as they look like they should, a spare set.

·
Premium Member
2005 aqua blur
418 Posts
Nice find and a very good price. I paid $50 for 4 OEM D rings on eBay and about the same price for a set of 4 Cadillac D rings.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
29,683 Posts
Waiting with anticipation for the reviews!

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
5,764 Posts
Got mine today. Looks good, but the hook is really big and bulky. I only checked it in the Tailgate and the threaded shaft is only, maybe 2 threads longer, so it's fine as is. The shaft would need to be cut shorter for the side rail. The plate looks a little larger but a bench grinder should fix that. I don't know why the hook would be needed, but it has some standoffs/legs, that could be easily cut off if you wanted to use them. They will be (more) spares for me since both of ours have enough already.

EDIT-----This was supposed to be in the "D-Ring deal" thread. @BlueStreak maybe move it??
Nick

·
Premium Member
Blown 2003 No. 2924
939 Posts
Great find MidBub. I ordered a set last evening and they arrived today. For those who are interested, the thread size on the screw is M6x1.0 which is the same as the OE and is 25mm long (1”+/-). The screw looks like stainless but there is a slight magnetism perhaps indicating a lower quality stainless. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

·
SSR Believer
2,983 Posts
Great find MidBub. I ordered a set last evening and they arrived today. For those who are interested, the thread size on the screw is M6x1.0 which is the same as the OE and is 25mm long (1”+/-). The screw looks like stainless but there is a slight magnetism perhaps indicating a lower quality stainless. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
Good info. (y)

Have you tried inserting the backing pieces in the rail? Per @MidBubSC , wondering how much modification they’ll need.

TIA!

·
Registered
2005 6-Speed
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good info. (y)

Have you tried inserting the backing pieces in the rail? Per @MidBubSC , wondering how much modification they’ll need.

TIA!
Great question!
I am slowly recovering from some sort of food poisoning and have had zero motivation to do anything other than sleep the past few days.
I just checked the backing plates and they are in fact going to need to be ground ~1/16" on each side to fit in the SSR rails.

·
SSR Believer
2,983 Posts
Great question!
I am slowly recovering from some sort of food poisoning and have had zero motivation to do anything other than sleep the past few days.
I just checked the backing plates and they are in fact going to need to be ground ~1/16" on each side to fit in the SSR rails.
Food poisoning is the WORST! Had it twice and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Glad to hear that you're recovering. (y)

Thanks very much for the measurements. I have the Cadillac D-Rings in the rails and they work fine, but always like to have alternatives in my files.

Be well!

·
Premium Member
Blown 2003 No. 2924
939 Posts
Perhaps even less than 1/16” on a side I measure about a millimeter difference in widths between the OE and this one. Additionally, these D-Rings fit the tailgate holes with no modification needed to the length.

·
Premium Member
04 Ricochet Silver, 05 Aqua Blur
86 Posts

View attachment 606818 B

1 - 20 of 26 Posts