Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Join us for the 8th annual Daffodil Scholarship Car Show on Sunday September 23rd.
The show will be held at "Griot's Garage" 3333 So. 38th St, Tacoma, WA from 9am to 2:30pm.
Free Coffee & Donuts and there will be great prizes and Trophies presented
$20 Entry Fee and Dash Plaques for the first 100 cars

Save the Date! Annual Daffodil Scholarship Foundation Car Show, September 23rd 2018 ? Daffodil Scholarship Foundation

https://www.griotsgarage.com

Get there early to pick your favorite spot to show off your truck and of course check out the great car care products in Griot's show room:smile2:

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Griot't Garage Daffodil Scholarship Foundation

Hello Glenn: Toni and I will be there, good Lord willing>>>> 8:30AM, is that early enough? Thanks, Hal :) PS: Click on Bold YOUTUBE for listening pleasure! :)

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
8:30 or a little earlier should be fine although Donny will want to be there at the crack of dawn to get that perfect spot. See you in September.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glenn: Donny doesn't have a chance now that I have our new arm covers!:wink2:
Bad News - He also has a set. He may even fool us all and bring his show stopping 32 Chev, although he would have to find a place for a new trophy as his garage is totally full. :surprise:

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Glenn: I know, Donny's are good looking too, that's what gave me the idea to buy them, mine are leather though, Donny's are like blk denim, what ever, tough to compete against Donny's SSR, his is really nice$.:)

Why hasn't Donny commented, I intentionally posted this to get his attention?! Where are you two shoes?:grin2:

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Hey Hal. Im so glad you bought your flannel arm covers. Im also glad you think they are leather???????????????? Now If you can find four wide whitewall tires at a wrecking yard, Slightly used, I think your SSR might start looking like the Clampetts thing a mI Jig jalopy. All kidding aside, Im glad you own It. Donny Two Shoes, Just singing the Blues In my Blue Swede Shoes. Dam, That Rum and coke has It affecting me again. OH WELL, Chug A LUG. See Ya next month at GRIOTS GARAGE.

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
POST PICTURES of Your GARAGE! Donny

Donny: You should take some pictures of your cool garage and post them here for all the SSR Fanatics to see, it's really very nice and certainly cool! Hal

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
I'm a recent transplant to the Pacific Northwest, and I'm thinking I might take in this event. Are you guys planning to park together, or do we just show up and get parked randomly?

Rus

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,738 Posts
Donny: You should take some pictures of your cool garage and post them here for all the SSR Fanatics to see, it's really very nice and certainly cool! Hal
YA DONNY....show them your Costco Microfibre Towel Collection while your at it!:glol:glol:glol:glol:glol

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,738 Posts
I'm a recent transplant to the Pacific Northwest, and I'm thinking I might take in this event. Are you guys planning to park together, or do we just show up and get parked randomly?

Rus
Awesome to see you on the site RUS!!!! Drop me a pm on my telus e-mail...let me know what your up to...and when we'll see you up this way?

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
HI GORDY. Im glad your still kicking. You guys need to take a trip up our way and check out the northwest. I just bought a big, huge boat and we could cruise around puget sound. The only problem Is that It Is only ten feet long and has only one paddle which you can use to get us around. It Is not a long canoe, But with life vests on dodging the huge ferries, You just never know when, Man overboard?????????????. All kidding aside, I do have a couple hundred Costco towels. You never want to run out polishing the R and my head. Take care and hope to see ya soon. Donny Two Shoes

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Rus
We will try to have all our SSR's close together but it will depend on how many cars show up. If you haven't been to Griot's garage you will like the place. Google Griots and do an overview map which will show you the layout of their parking area. Griots puts on several car shows and meets all through the summer. Hope you can make it and meet some the NW guys. Do you now live in the Puget Sound area?
Glenn

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Hello Glenn: FYI Fanatics who plan on attending the car show at Griot's Garage on Sunday September 23rd, 2018, they forgot to put a address to mail in pre-registration for the show at Griot's, so here it is, I mailed my registration into Groit's and they mailed it back, saying that they just rent the space for the show, not entirely true, however , I got the person at Griot's to call the Daffodil Scholarship foundation, manager, and she apologized for the oversight on the flyer; if you choose to pre-register, mail your minimum contribution of twenty dollars to: Payable: Daffodil Scholarship foundation, POB 1461, Sumner Wa 98390. Any questions, PH #253-848-4426. This has been a for those who give a ----,
announcement! DA! DA! DA! that's all folks>>>:) the devil is in the details I guess>>

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Hal. A few of us have been going every year to the car show, Which has been held In the sears parking lot at the south hill mall In Puyallup. This Is the first year, It will be held at Griot's Garage In Tacoma Washington. We print up the Registration form on line and pay the morning of the show when we get there. No problem, Fast and easy???????????????????

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hal you don't need to pre-register for the Daffodil Scholarship Foundation event. It is like when we go to the Pt. Orchard show. We just show up and pay the entry fee. See you there and bring good weather with you.

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Donny & Glenn: I know you don't have to pre register, I should have made that clear, that pre- registration is optional!

I don't know how many turn out for this event, so I thought I would send in my registration to insure getting a plaque, as the flyer says first 100 entries, get a dash plaque! Now you know the rest of the story!:grin2:

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK I now know your game plan to insure a dash plaque. I have no idea how many cars will show but with it being held at Glriot's there will probably be more than last year which was about 60 cars. We are going to be there early so we can get a good spot which should guarantee us a plaque. See you soon.

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
This is a bit late>>>

Hello to all PACNW Fanatics: Our yellow baby got a trophy,the daffodil princess's kept looking at our all yellow truck on the lawn in front of their table of honor all morning, so being that daffodils are yellow, I guess they gave our "R" the Daffodil Spirit Award trophy, how about that> hey! :grin2:
It was a nice outing there at Griots Garage home base facility on 38th st in Tacoma,Wa., what nice place,very classy for sure! Thanks to all the people that work hard every year to celebrate the daffodil parade and festival in Tacoma,Wa., then follow it up with a scholarship fund raiser car show event! Nice! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts