Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
American Cancer Society’s - a car show to promote the Great American Smoke Out. This a static car show (show only - no awards & no entry fee). November 12, 2005, Valley View Mall (LBJ & Midway). Door prizes & free T-shirts. Anyone interested?

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Damn,.. I wonder when I will get my truck back. I willl have to ask the "painting guy" :)

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I might be able to do this, since the Kerrville SSR Ride might get cancelled, Hubby broke/seperated his shoulder blade last night. So he can't drive his vette :lol Can't shift :lol
What time?

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the American Cancer Society wants to draw kids & teenagers to their Great American Smoke Out event by appealing to them with Hot Rods, Custom cars, & cool trucks (SSR's). This event will start at Noon and ends at 4:00 pm. They have arranged for a radio station, door prizes, t-shirts, & other static displays. I have a meeting tomorrow to get more information. They contacted me through the North Texas Volkswagen Club, who will have some Beetles on display. I have also contacted CARS & Gasoline Alley to promote this event through their websites and connection. If their message reaches one kid, it would be worth my time. Remember No fee to enter and No prizes , other help get their message out.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Sorry, we'll be out of town. If our plans should change will try to make it. :ssr

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
wildcat66 said:
I might be able to do this, since the Kerrville SSR Ride might get cancelled, Hubby broke/seperated his shoulder blade last night. So he can't drive his vette :lol Can't shift :lol
What time?

You cant cancel the Kerrville drive Wildcat.. you are "The Leader". :nono

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Who am I going to lead???? besides have three kids and we were going to take 2 two seaters now what? they won't like riding in the bed :lol besides FuryKay will understand!:yesnod

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
ssr3 said:
American Cancer Society’s - a car show to promote the Great American Smoke Out. This a static car show (show only - no awards & no entry fee). November 12, 2005, Valley View Mall (LBJ & Midway). Door prizes & free T-shirts. Anyone interested?
Any word on the times?

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
car show

Sorry , I will be in KERRVILLE. Looks like I might get to go to Houston that Saturday for Houstex Cruise :seeya Kay :ssr

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
I am interested in the car show, but dont think they will have my truck done by then. :cry

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is some more information: American Cancer Society Announces it's Great American Smokeout with a Car Show & Festival Saturday November 12, 2005. No entry fee. First 300 Receive a free t-shirt! We've customized this event just for you! Event Highlights: They have a people's choice award (3 ?) *See some of the hottest rides in Dallas *Hear live music from local group South City *Get fit with Bally Total Fitness *Visit Jamba Juice table for a delicious free smoothie * This event is located at Valley View Mall- 13331 Preston Rd. Dallas, TX 75240 (Corner of LBJ/Monfort across from McDonalds) The time is 12:00pm to 4:00pm. For more info please visit www.greatamericansmokeout.com or call 214-819-1202.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
wildcat66 said:
Focks, bring your bike! :thumbs
Wish i could, but I kind of blew out my back a couple of weekes ago, and am not allowed to ride my bike until I can stand up with out a sofa to lean on. Doesn't that suck?

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Oh man didn't know the back was still out!!!! Focks, You take it easy!!!

SSR3 I hope we can make it out, trying to figure out if hubby can drive the Tahoe or not, depends on if he needs pain meds or not!!! I need to wash my SSR but ran out of Zaino :(

B

·
0 Posts
Ed is still working over my pcms. Having a hard time figuring out that speedo. totaly different than the 6 speeds. Engine was too lean on top end got that took care of and a few other things. The inital dyno was 435rwhp on ed's dyno jet. We will see where it ends up. So we will see. I want to run it around here some 1st before i go off on any distance. Will know by friday. I hope to see youall there. Saturday.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I hope the rain holds off. Looks like this will be the only carshow on Saturday. I am trying to modify my VW bug tow bar to work with the new trailer hitch. So I might bring both SSR & the 73 bug.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts