Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dallas Ferrari Club ... Toy Run This year has been difficult for the families of Houston. Christmas is always a hard time if you have kids you understand how important this time of year is. Come out and help us make their season better. You can be the reason these kids have a smile on their face Christmas morning. Just bring an unwrapped toy as admission. Let's see how big we can make this!! This will be a poker run starting at Prince of Peace Lutheran in Carrollton, TX. As usually we will line up & travel as a group. Holiday hats are optional. The route is a throwback to when DFC members Tillman or Don Rose were leading them..... Actually, come to think of it, it may be one of the very first Toy Run's. Due to the ever increasing number of attendees it will be run Poker Run style with a starting point , 3 stopping points along the way, and the final destination for your final card It's a 2 hour +/- run , so be sure to show up with a full tank of fuel and a full trunk of toys! We will end at a restaurant where you and your passenger can enjoy lunch before driving back into DFW! All makes & models are usually welcome – actually encouraged to attend. You know like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, McLaren, Bentley, MG, Aston Martin, Lotus, Jaguar, Bugatti, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW, Dodge, Corvettes, VW, Chevrolet, Audi, Alfa, Mini, FIAT, Camaro, Camaro, Mustangs, etc. What I need it a preliminary head count of SSRs & others for this event. The current published details are below. Comments?

Who: DFW area enthusiast
What: 2017 Annual Toy Run
When: Saturday December 9th @ 9:00am
Where: Prince of Peace Lutheran Church
4000 Midway Road (Back Parking Lot)
Carrollton (down the street from Boardwalk Ferrari)

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,224 Posts
The 8th is Friday so I'm guessing you mean the 9th. DANG-Kathy and I have to pass. We have to get ready for Family stuff that Sunday.

Nick

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 8th is Friday so I'm guessing you mean the 9th. DANG-Kathy and I have to pass. We have to get ready for Family stuff that Sunday.

Nick
Yes, you are correct. The Toy Run is Dec. 9 and original post has been correct to reflect DEC 9. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
I will do my best to do this I have never done this so i need what kind of toys to bring
thanks
frank

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
I will do my best to do this I have never done this so i need what kind of toys to bring
thanks
frank

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Unfortunately we have a wedding in Austin that day so we aren't going to be able to make the toy run this year. Too bad, it's one of our favorite events.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks
frank
Basically, any unwrapped toy for 2 - 14 year boy or girl. Dolls, games, sports equipment, electronics, etc. Liz & I have brought small bikes for the pass several years. A Ferrari can't carry one, but a SSR has a trunk. The generosity of these car people rings true to the spirit of Christmas. But in the end no matter how big or small, any toy will bring Christmas joy to these kids. Thanks for helping.:banana

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
I will have to cancel out of this trip just wanted to let you know my aunt passed last night she was 97 and change my uncle still living I think there where married 71 or 72 years so i will be traveling to north Arkansas for services may a good time to be had by all.

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Headcount so far:

ssr3
Dinerman
Noah1699
Shelby

We need more Elves???????????????? The weather is going to be perfect - Sunny with
a high of 59. :rock: Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Winter in
Texas!:cool

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hope your sleighs are cleaned, polished, and revved up, because it's TOMORROW >>>>> the DFW FERRARI Club Toy Run. There is still time to join the merry band of Santa's Elves.:jester

Aw! the details:

Who: DFW area enthusiast
What: 2017 Annual Toy Run
When: Saturday December 9th @ 9:00am
Where: Prince of Peace Lutheran Church
4000 Midway Road (Back Parking Lot)
Carrollton (down the street from Boardwalk Ferrari
Hope to see you there:

Liz & Bob aka ssr3

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Had a blast

Well, we had a small group this year .. but came with plenty of toys.

Had more fun keeping up with the Ferrari's... couldn't let the SSR Fanatics look slow.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts