Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,147 Posts
Thats got too many options for him. He's waiting until Feb or March to order one the way he wants. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
If Danko wants a special order SSR, he's down to a few days.

Hopefully. he's been watching the thread on plant closure.

A factory order is not the way to get the best deal, and now that manufacturing is a done deal, I'm not sure how low dealers with inventory will go to get rid of product. As soon as production slots are shut down, inventory in the field will gain value.

If you want a good laugh, check Autotrader for the ads already pushing "production is done, get a low mileage 03 or 04 at $55K while you can."

I look forward to hearing how Danko makes out getting his SSR. Will it be "All good things come to those who wait" or "You snooze you loose"

Hey - maybe there's a poll waiting to be done - where's FatherLarry?.:eek

Ray

·
Registered
442 Posts
Ordering means an '06 and not the deal I can get on an '05. This '05 for $32,900 was a great deal but it was $3,000 more than the Pa. '05 sold for BEFORE the rebate was recently increased by $1000. I could not have bid on this SSR. I do not yet have the money I need to do so. There will be plenty of fantastic deals in the near future in spite of what some of ya'll are writing because of end of production. The market is down and continues to drop. I will take advantage when the time is right and with snow falling today, I am nowhere near ready. thnx, tho!

·
Registered
442 Posts
shrtdog, That is why I said "was" a great deal. hot-rod, This is a mature forum and there is room for disagreement. I believe choices in my price range will be increasing, not decreasing. I have checked a lot of dealer inventories and 6 speeds exist in good numbers. This winter, sales will not support continued losses for the dealers to maintain SSR inventory and you will see many with lowered prices. I want an SSR but there is another perf truck out there in decent numbers and their prices are dropping too, so I should have no problem finding a way to blow more money on another toy. Fun, huh?

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I for one think Danko has the patience of a Saint. I could never have waited this long !!!! I WANT IT NOW!!! :lol

·
Registered
442 Posts
Patience does not spend. You can access your 401K money when you are 59 1/2 and Merrill-Lynch says even though that happens late Feb, I cannot get the money until mid-March or so. It is snowing outside. That makes me more patient for a convertible, too. So does knowing better deals are coming.

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
Danko said:
Patience does not spend. You can access your 401K money when you are 59 1/2 and Merrill-Lynch says even though that happens late Feb, I cannot get the money until mid-March or so. It is snowing outside. That makes me more patient for a convertible, too. So does knowing better deals are coming.

You can access 401K money without penalty before age 591/2. You have to use an actuarial table to figure your lifespan and take it out in substantially equal annual installments.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Okay, boring details ....... I have taken out all I could already. What remains is corporate contributions and I cannot get them yet. When I am 59 1/2 I can.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I will be buying a new one. thnx, tho. That car costs more than some new ones have been selling for and has a lot of miles and since it is used, I cannot use my GM Card rebate money. That IS my price range, though.

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
Danko said:
Okay, boring details ....... I have taken out all I could already. What remains is corporate contributions and I cannot get them yet. When I am 59 1/2 I can.

Excuuuuuuussssse me!! YOU are the one that stated: "You can access your 401K money when you are 59 1/2". That is a blanket statement that is just plain incorrect. None of my business what you do with your money, but if you are going to make a statement that is relavent to YOUR case, then maybe you should state it as such so others aren't misled.:banghead

·
Registered
442 Posts
So, if saying I can access my money at 59 1/2 is incorrect, does that mean you think I cannot access my money at 59 1/2? I was not talking about your money. I was talking about mine. When I say that I (not everyone, someone or somebody, but ME) can access MY money...... that DOES make it relevant to MY case. As far as having to take it out in equal annual installments.... who says? M-L says I can have it all at once. Please remember this is a helpful forum and if you are looking for someone to bash or flame, keep looking. I have been very clear what my situation and intentions are and have given more details than you need and unless you have a new 6 speed for sale for low 30's, you have no business in my business..

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
Danko said:
So, if saying I can access my money at 59 1/2 is incorrect, does that mean you think I cannot access my money at 59 1/2? I was not talking about your money. I was talking about mine. When I say that I (not everyone, someone or somebody, but ME) can access MY money...... that DOES make it relevant to MY case. As far as having to take it out in equal annual installments.... who says? M-L says I can have it all at once. Please remember this is a helpful forum and if you are looking for someone to bash or flame, keep looking. I have been very clear what my situation and intentions are and have given more details than you need and unless you have a new 6 speed for sale for low 30's, you have no business in my business..
Not trying to bash at all...you made it sound like a person has to wait until age 591/2 to take 401K money out. I was simply pointing out that one can take out 401K money without penalty before age 591/2 IF they take it out in substantially equal payments over their lifetime. M-L is correct...you can have it all at once, either before or after age 591/2...only difference is if you do it before, you will be paying a penalty.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
ssr blur said:
Not trying to bash at all...you made it sound like a person has to wait until age 591/2 to take 401K money out. I was simply pointing out that one can take out 401K money without penalty before age 591/2 IF they take it out in substantially equal payments over their lifetime. M-L is correct...you can have it all at once, either before or after age 591/2...only difference is if you do it before, you will be paying a penalty.
:lurk

·
Registered
442 Posts
thank you!

Actually, even though the advice I am getting is not applicable to my situation, I do appreciate your attempts to help. I never felt compelled to mention my financial and work history and how that has affected my 401K money. Bottom line is the Germans bought out Chrysler and laid me off and my income is now one third of what it was and I have taken out a lot of 401K already and suffered in taxes because of my timing but really had no choice. All that is left is $30K something which is corporate contributions and I cannot get it, penalty or not, until I am 59 1/2. Okay? I CANNOT buy a damned thing until I get some money. Recently I tried financing and was turned down because they are using my wife's debt with my name second on it as my debt and summarizing by saying I make $X/month income and pay out $2X/month in bills with all payments made and on time. duh? How can I be paying out twice as much as I make gross income? My credit score is fair but it is not enough. The income is insufficient. I could solve that by having my wife on my title but do not want to do so this time because frankly, she is not on board for another toy. Again, thnx all, but if you really want to help, find someone with a silver 6 speed for sale for $30K mid-March. Yeah, I know, that IS asking a lot but with the increased rebate and prices already sold at and a deteriorating market....... yellow and black acceptable but I REALLY want silver. THNX AGAIN, all!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didnt remember the color but with the miles and buy it now I thought it was a great deal. I am in the same boat I need to sell a piece of property and then I can get an SSR also but that could be 6 months away but so far the wait has been worth it with the SSR becoming more managable for my income level.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts