Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is my SSR the only SSR that magnetically attracts rocks kicked-up by trucks on the interstate? I need to have my hood painted; my windshield repaired; and my passenger-side window replaced. :reddevil

·
Registered
487 Posts
matjow said:
Is my SSR the only SSR that magnetically attracts rocks kicked-up by trucks on the interstate? I need to have my hood painted; my windshield repaired; and my passenger-side window replaced. :reddevil

Matjow - Wow! Stay away from the Trucks!

Out my way, Everyday is like driving through a sand storm. I can see my windshield being etched so I don't even look at the front end or hood.....I just don't want to know.

Joe Davis
StepPrinting.com

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Is my SSR the only SSR that magnetically attracts rocks kicked-up by trucks on the interstate? I need to have my hood painted; my windshield repaired; and my passenger-side window replaced.
Yeah... That spin and reverse into the transporter move, is is really tough on the side windows. :lol

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,319 Posts
matjow said:
Got 4 windshield chips - one a week for the first month I owned my :ssr Have not had to replace windshield as yet...cross fingers :thumbs Magically, the flying rocks seem to have disappeared for the time being.

·
Registered
579 Posts
matjow said:
Unfortunately, Sis your SSR IS the only one that magnetically attracts rocks! Ha! Ha! I'm back!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol :reddevil

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Chips

I had more than 16 rock chips on the front the last time I counted (months ago!), but not one windshield chip (oops now I just jinxed myself).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Rocks

My wife says I drive like an old man.. ( 41 ).

I stay at least 2 car lenghts behind.. She on the other hand stays 2 car lengths ahead lol

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,319 Posts
LuvRam13 said:
My wife says I drive like an old man.. ( 41 ).

I stay at least 2 car lenghts behind.. She on the other hand stays 2 car lengths ahead lol

Two car lengths behind doesn't do one bit of good when the rocks are flying off trucks going past you in the other direction :rolleyes: that's how I got hit everytime :cuss

·
Registered
158 Posts
paint protection film

3M makes a paint protection film that can be applied directly to the paint. I'll get more info/prices after I get back from the Homecoming or catch me there and we can talk more.

It's non-yellowing, very flexible, removable, extremely thin, and goes on similar to window tint.

I've seen it applied to many streetrods from 30's -50's and looked very good.

I'll look for some info and bring it along this weekend and post next week....

kroozn

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love the flames. Quality job!

·
Registered
178 Posts
rock hits

matjow said:

I have already replaced one windshield and had the hood paint touched up on my ssr after having it less than six months. :mad

·
Registered
416 Posts
No doubt, the roads are becoming a more hostile environment, in more ways than one ...

How happy I am to read that Silver repels rocks!

I plan to order my next SSR with the optional 1SC forcefield ...

·
Premium Member
33,846 Posts
Photo does no justice

matjow said:
I love the flames. Quality job!
I got to see the flames (and the SSR they were attached to ) up close and personal at the homecoming/woodward cruise. Very cool. :cool

I may not have a fancy paint job (yet), but at least I was able to show off the 3m film on my SSR! :thumbs

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.