Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upon removal of the dash, I noticed several 7mm headed screws with washers were missing. Does anyone know the part number for these screws? Thanks and Regards. Bruce G.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Can you post up a picture and some dimensions of the screws you need. I got some parts a little while ago and it had a bag of screws with it. I have no idea where they came from so maybe they are similar to what you are looking for.

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,485 Posts
Upon removal of the dash, I noticed several 7mm headed screws with washers were missing. Does anyone know the part number for these screws? Thanks and Regards. Bruce G.
If you have any left in the dash remove one and take it to Ace Hardware and have them match it up to buy some.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
You can get them from Clips and Fastners.com
They sell automotive hardware
Package of 50 is $12 so you can share with your other fanatics.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I will post some pictures in the AM. They are the screws which are revealed when the horizontal strip is removed during the Dash Removal process. One screw affixes the top dash and the other affixes the bottom dash. Regards. Bruce G.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good Afternoon. @Dicktator---Sorry I did not see your offer before I left the house this AM. Attached are the requested pictures of the screw with attached washer. Along with those pix is a pic of the items I found at Lowe's in the "Automotive Specialty" drawer. They appear to exactly match the items sought. At @Texasbaehr suggestion, I went on Clips and Fasteners website and found Item 15373 which matches the Lowe's item. The last picture is the place where the screws are utilized. Lower dash tab shown. Regards. Thanks for everyone's help. IMG_1987.jpeg IMG_1985.jpeg IMG_1994.jpeg IMG_1990.jpeg

·
Daily Driver
8,876 Posts
I was confused (no great feat) until I figured out you were just using the calipers to hold the screw for the picture of the head. :rolleyes:

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,919 Posts
Good Afternoon. @Dicktator---Sorry I did not see your offer before I left the house this AM. Attached are the requested pictures of the screw with attached washer. Along with those pix is a pic of the items I found at Lowe's in the "Automotive Specialty" drawer. They appear to exactly match the items sought. At @Texasbaehr suggestion, I went on Clips and Fasteners website and found Item 15373 which matches the Lowe's item. The last picture is the place where the screws are utilized. Lower dash tab shown. Regards. Thanks for everyone's help. View attachment 573026 View attachment 573030 View attachment 573031 View attachment 573032
Yup! You got them, I buy by box at Granger.

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
4,665 Posts
Oh No, you didn't go to GM to get a OE screw and pay $5 a screw. Now it's not stock. Remember when you put those screws in you have to torque them down. Just having fun with you glad you got what you needed.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Agreed. The pic of the screw does look weird. I am not good at holding some object and taking its picture at the same time. LOL. In the future, I will check out Grainger. Had not even thought about them being a source. I will use a very ”small“ torque wrench @SWT RYD. 😉 Regards.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts