Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last night, I uploaded a new video to my YouTube channel that reviews the VIOFO A119S V2 dash camera and how it's installed in my 2004 SSR.

I show where I obtained the power for the dash camera, where I ran the power supply wires and what optional accessory I consider mandatory when this camera is installed in a SSR (reduce interior dash trim reflections).

I have a few sample dash camera videos clips showing what the video looks like in various conditions.

I hope you find the video informative.

-- Robert

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Polarizing Filters - Do They Help?

I just uploaded a new video to my Instagram TV channel and my YouTube channel that tests whether polarizing filters will help reduce reflections captured in the dash camera video. The new videos talk about a Thinkware F800 Pro camera system that I have installed in my Chevy SS Sedan, but the same concept applies to the VIOFO A119S V2 dash camera I have installed in my SSR with a polarizing filter. :smile2:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Interesting enough, among the things I'll be adding to my SSR, I was looking at a dash cam from Car Toys - Momento. It has front & rear camera, HD 1080. I've never had one or familiar with dash cams but I'm interested in installing one for added security. I would love to hear experiences on these and how reliable they are.

I'll definite look at the videos. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts