Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site is filled with incredible information, Thanks!

Im a new owner of my 2005 SSR, and I am looking at doing a nav radio install and also doing the white cluster face plate swap with blue LED cluster lights. New stepper motors as I will already be in there.

I have looked through a lot of posts and searched, and there are great articles on this!
I am a mechanic by trade, so the procedures are straight forward and great reference.

My question:
I cant seem to find the info if the original cluster lights are soldered in or twist in type. I see the new installed LEDs are soldered into the board.
There seems be be many more choices in LEDs now, and I am wondering if anyone has the lamp GM numbers and lumen rating of the originals. To try and find direct replacements in LED.

If the original bulbs are replaceable, has anyone tried this? were they bright enough?

Any info would be great! Thanks

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
This site is filled with incredible information, Thanks!

Im a new owner of my 2005 SSR, and I am looking at doing a nav radio install and also doing the white cluster face plate swap with blue LED cluster lights. New stepper motors as I will already be in there.

I have looked through a lot of posts and searched, and there are great articles on this!
I am a mechanic by trade, so the procedures are straight forward and great reference.

My question:
I cant seem to find the info if the original cluster lights are soldered in or twist in type. I see the new installed LEDs are soldered into the board.
There seems be be many more choices in LEDs now, and I am wondering if anyone has the lamp GM numbers and lumen rating of the originals. To try and find direct replacements in LED.

If the original bulbs are replaceable, has anyone tried this? were they bright enough?

Any info would be great! Thanks
FYI, when I had my stock cluster faceplate changed to the white faceplate, the new white faceplate already has a blue tint color when the dash lights are luminated so I keep the original bulbs in mine.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,071 Posts
The original bulbs are “grain of wheat” size bulbs mounted on a small, square, plastic pad and soldered to the front surface of the circuit board. There are no “through holes” for solder leads, so replacing them is a somewhat delicate operation.

Welcome to the family.......

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts