Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 Chevy SSR ( Lil Red chili pepper)
37 Posts
@TheXCepsion Thats exactly where I wound up purchasing one. Unfortunately exhausted all options that the boys here suggested and came up with nothing. So I would up ordering it. 65$ Feels like I got punched in the walnutz for such a minuscule piece. Lol Drop in the bucket I’ve learned for the Love of this R.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
@TheXCepsion Thats exactly where I wound up purchasing one. Unfortunately exhausted all options that the boys here suggested and came up with nothing. So I would up ordering it. 65$ Feels like I got punched in the walnutz for such a minuscule piece. Lol Drop in the bucket I’ve learned for the Love of this R.
+Indeed it is...I have seen used ones go for upward side of 75 bucks on here. They are becoming very hard to find in good shape. I have I think five of them put away and one of them has the vanes superglued into front facing only. I usually check Salvage yards for the Auroras when I travel..

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,884 Posts
I haven't moved the position of the vanes since I've had the vehicle and really haven't had a need to. The plastic in these vehicles will only get "brittler" as time goes on.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2003 Chevy SSR ( Lil Red chili pepper)
37 Posts
In my case the car came with a missing section of vane right next to deflection wheel , as soon as I noticed it I tapped the wheel sligjlty and clunk , in the dash it goes lol. Lesson learned and now another addition to the list when the dash comes off to install new touchscreen head unit and send the dash for stepper motors. JOY

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
P
In my case the car came with a missing section of vane right next to deflection wheel , as soon as I noticed it I tapped the wheel sligjlty and clunk , in the dash it goes lol. Lesson learned and now another addition to the list when the dash comes off to install new touchscreen head unit and send the dash for stepper motors. JOY
You can take the vent out without pulling the dash. It is a fairly easy in and out process just be gentle.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts