Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be taking possesion of my 2003 Yellow SSR in mid January.

I am not a fan of daytime running lights. I like them for safety but I think they generally detract from the looks of the vehicle. I do like the look on the carmaro assuming the camaro uses amber running lights. I see alot of camaros with amber lights on, so they are either the running lights or camaro owners in general know the amber fog lights look cool.

On the SSR, which lights are the daytime running lights?
a) the lights above the horizontal brushed aluminum bar.
b). the lights below the horizontal brushed aluminum bar.
c). the lights in the lower facia (nearest the ground).

Also, what color are the lights in the lower facia, white or amber?

Thanks!

Todd

·
Registered
181 Posts
Nowandthen, Just went out and checked my lights and here's what I think is correct: DRL's are the light ABOVE the strip(and also act as regular dim headlights). When you hit the Bright light on the dimmer switch, the light BELOW the strip is the bright light. The lowest lights are the Fog lights and they burn white like all the other lights do. Hope this helps.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RedTn.SSR

Thanks!

I'm having the dealer check to see if the DRL's can be programmed off.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
DRL

If the DRLs can't be programmed off, what you can do manually is turn the lights to parking which turns off the DRLs, and turns on the front and rear parking lights.

Let us know if the DRLs can be programmed off.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll let you know as soon as I hear from the dealer. The salesman said the technician that handles those things is on vacation. I should hear from him shortly after the first of the year. I will be taking delivery on or about the 15th of January!

I like your parking light suggestion too. Technically I think it is illegal to drive with only your parking lights on in California, but I think the look would be cool!

·
Registered
110 Posts
is illegal

it's actually illegal in many states to drive with parking lights on. usually an old law going back to when they were meant for, well, parking.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Turn off

The running lights go off when you engage the parking brake.(on most GM vehicles). You could pull up the brake handle to the first notch to disengage the light and you probably will not engage the brake. This depends upon how tight your parking brake cable is adjusted. This is not the brightest idea, but it works. Try it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Lights out

It appears that when you engage the parking brake and release the handle once, the running lights remain off. The next time you engage the parking brake handle the running lights come back on. Try it! It works on mine. Does it work on yours?

:eek

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Works

It works just like you said..... I still like the parking lights better though.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Amber Running Lights = COOL! Run With Them On! :cool

1 - 10 of 10 Posts