Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Redline FPR 6 Speed
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving Raleigh Saturday, April 7, headed to Columbia, SC, meeting Krazy Ed & Marge Strand from Ontario, Canada about 3 PM. We will take I-26 to I-95 to Savannah and spent the night. My brother lives there as some of you remember from our Savannah Rally in 2016. We are having dinner with Randy Queen, Dr. Who. George Stancil, wolfpacker, who also lives part of his life in Savannah, will join us Sunday morning, leaving for Daytona about 9 AM for 2 PM expected arrival in Daytona.

Anyone want to join in? Safe TRKN! Bill

·
Premium Member
2,220 Posts
Leaving Raleigh Saturday, April 7, headed to Columbia, SC, meeting Krazy Ed & Marge Strand from Ontario, Canada about 3 PM. We will take I-26 to I-95 to Savannah and spent the night. My brother lives there as some of you remember from our Savannah Rally in 2016. We are having dinner with Randy Queen, Dr. Who. George Stancil, wolfpacker, who also lives part of his life in Savannah, will join us Sunday morning, leaving for Daytona about 9 AM for 2 PM expected arrival in Daytona.

Anyone want to join in? Safe TRKN! Bill
:smile2:
Our plans are to overnite in Savannah too. Have not yet firmed up just where yet, but likely out around I-95 exits. Might or might not work out for us, but if you have a cell phone contact number or email address, we could touch base once there.

We're coming from our home in Sunset Beach, N.C. (Formerly lived for 20 years in Raleigh):wink2:

·
Premium Member
2006 Redline FPR 6 Speed
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Our plans are to overnite in Savannah too. Have not yet firmed up just where yet, but likely out around I-95 exits. Might or might not work out for us, but if you have a cell phone contact number or email address, we could touch base once there.

We're coming from our home in Sunset Beach, N.C. (Formerly lived for 20 years in Raleigh):wink2:
Sending PM. Bill

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Coming out of Kingsport Tn would have tried to hook up with you guys but we are heading down Thurs. 4/5 staying over in Hardeeville, SC. then onto Palm Bay, Fl the 5th.....up to Daytona Sunday. You guys have a good trip down see you at the Track.

·
Premium Member
2,220 Posts
Why is Raleigh called Raw lee, it looks like it ought to be called Ray lay or Ray lee ???
:laugh:

The pronunciation of (Raleigh) has been around for a kazillion years. My Dad used to send me across the street to the corner grocery store for a can of Raleigh Pipe Tobacco and that was back in the 1940's.:surprise:

On the other hand, There is a Lake north of Raleigh and also Drug Stores in the area with the name..............Kerr. Locally, that comes out to sound just like CAR.:smile2:

·
Premium Member
35,825 Posts

Sending you a PM.

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,762 Posts
If you have a problem with "Raleigh" why is Tennessee not called Tenn EZ?

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Fred and Debbie (Rockytop) leaving Knoxville, TN Saturday morning 40 to 26 in Asheville to 95 to Savannah. Would like to catch up with you somewhere along the way or in Savannah. Can we swap cell numbers and meet up?

·
Premium Member
35,825 Posts
Fred and Debbie (Rockytop) leaving Knoxville, TN Saturday morning 40 to 26 in Asheville to 95 to Savannah. Would like to catch up with you somewhere along the way or in Savannah. Can we swap cell numbers and meet up?
The more the merrier! I'm sure Mr. Bill will give you a pm he's organizing this.

Krazy Ed

·
LKMURKY
450 Posts
Jeri & I are leaving from Columbia Sunday Morning. Will be Glad to meet you guys while you are waiting in Columbia if you'll let me in on the Top Secret Meeting Spot, and catch up with again in Savannah Sunday AM and caravan from there. Daytona is an easy drive from Columbia.
Bill has my cell, I'll PM it to rest of you when we get details coordinated.
Cary & Jeri Palmer
Columbia, SC
06 :blur:

·
Premium Member
35,825 Posts
Jeri & I are leaving from Columbia Sunday Morning. Will be Glad to meet you guys while you are waiting in Columbia if you'll let me in on the Top Secret Meeting Spot, and catch up with again in Savannah Sunday AM and caravan from there. Daytona is an easy drive from Columbia.
Bill has my cell, I'll PM it to rest of you when we get details coordinated.
Cary & Jeri Palmer
Columbia, SC
06 :blur:
Like I said the more the merrier! will send you a pm.

Krazy Ed

·
LKMURKY
450 Posts
Understand you guys want to meet somewhere at the top of the beltway around 3PM.

Two options around there, just right off 77:

Texas RoadHouse;
8304 Two Notch Rd, Columbia, SC 29223
or
Hooters @ 7711 Two Notch Rd, Columbia, SC 29223

They are both open at that hour.
If I get a vote I vote for Hooters, its closer to me by 2 miles, and the scenery is better.
I just ate at Texas Roadhouse with Dinerman, I always want something different.
Hooters is bound to be more fun, and this IS supposed to be a vacation.
:party :banana :cheers :banana :party
:reddevil Maybe we can get the Hooter's girls to pose on the R's for us? :reddevil
Don't want to offend someone's spouse, if that's a factor, but I've got a lifetime of politically correct & I'm on vacation, and its Spring Break, How many more ways can I ask?
Cary & Jeri
LKMURKY

·
Premium Member
2006 Redline FPR 6 Speed
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update: Krazy Ed left Ontario a day early because of weather. Erik & Marge will be in Savannah tonight. Therefore, I am not going to Columbia tomorrow, but directly to Savannah. Expect to arrive about Noon, meeting my brothers, and whoever else is there. Going to dinner at 6 PM @ Love's Seafood, 6817 Chief of Love Rd. Need to know who is having dinner so we can let them know. Plan to leave 10 AM Sunday for Daytona. Chime in if you are in the area and want to join us for dinner or the cruise to Daytona. Safe TRKN! Bill

1 - 20 of 23 Posts